Devil's Throat after Wilma?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WicketsMom

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to dive Devil's Throat since Wilma came through? We're going down next week and had tentatively planned to do that dive while we're there. We don't want to be the first ones to try after the storm though!

I can assure you that you wont be the first ones to make that dive. I have spoken to two dive shops in the last two days and they are up and running with normal operation. Shallow reefs took the hardest hits. Deep reefs were very well protected according to my two sources.

We will be diving it this week at some point. From what I hear, it has opened up more :) and is as beautiful as ever...maybe even moreso! I'llbe making my first dive since returning this afternoon. I'll write a report as soon as I can get back online!

I'm curious about Devil's Throat. Last February I dove it with a few friends and it was pretty cool. A couple divers who were with me said it was different than the Devils Throat they were taken through a couple days earlier by a DM from the same dive op. Any explanation ? On my dive I saw the cross-shaped sponge on the wall of a cave prior to being lead to the Throat opening.
Rex

Back
Top Bottom