Cozumel Dive shop report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teog

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all,
I wanted to to send this report of our one day visit through Royal Caribbean cruises. I had pre-set up a two tank dive with Scuba Du 2 months prior and even comunicated one week ago with Scuba DU and everything was set for 12/20/05.

Upon our arrival at the pier where Vanessa from Scuba Du told us to go, no one was there to greet us. We sat at the pier for over 2 hours and waited, just wanting to go diving. There were no phones or bathrooms any where in sight. Many of the local boating tours felt sorry for us. Finally a representative from Scuba Du came out by chance near the pier and was waived down by a local boating tour captain. He explained that Scuba Du went out of business a week earlier.

I am so thankful that I had not paid this company any money. As I am sure they would have taken my money and never have been seen.

One of the local boating tours called the scuba club, AKA Scuba Cozumel. They came and picked us up and drove us to the boat. We had an excellent time with them. It was only my wife, me and 2 others.

The divemaster was great and so was the boat team. I would like to say thanks to them for be a a diver saver if they read these threads. They made an aweful start and AWESOME day!
Thanks Scuba Cozumel!

Many of the local boating tours felt sorry for us. Finally a representative from Scuba Du came out of chance near the pier and was waived down by a local boating tour captain. He explained that Scuba Du went out of business a week earlier.
And none of the others knew that they'd gone out of business...?

Glad it turned out well after all. :thumb:

Oh - as the thread originator, you might PM a Mod asking that this be moved to the Cozumel forum where it'll better help others. :)

nice it worked out- dive with Martin or aqua del mar are both good

No mention of it over on the Coz forum. Anyone know what happened to them? I assumed they were a fairly large and stable operation.

Last info update on their website is from 11/9 ..... you think they would at least post something there if they had to close up - whether it was temporary or permanent.

They ARE NOT out of business. They are in fact running boats and are picking divers up at Puerto Abrigo marina, north of town as stated on their website. I suspect this person was not in the correct place and/or that this is not a legitimate post!

Scuba_Du is a solid and well respected dive shop in Cozumel. I have personally been in contact with the owner over the past several days on more than one occasion.

Scuba-Du's website is http://www.scubadu.com/

From Christi's report to me:

Hi all!

I have actually been in contact over the past several days with Jorge De La Fuente, the owner of Scuba-Du. They are operating out of the northern marina since the Presidente is closed.

Based on the poster's description of where he was, he was not in the right location...it sounds to me like he was waiting on the ferry pier where the ship tenders passengers in right now. There are numerous "sales stands" for other dive shops, including Scuba Club who he ended up diving with. Unfortunately, some shops are playing nasty right now and giving false reports about other shops to gain business...a selfish act of desperation.

Scuba-Du is hurting right now because of the hotel being closed, but they are NOT out of business.

I also forwarded the link to Jorge and told him I would post a response for him if he wasn't comfortable doing it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

All the best,
Christi

teog:
Hello all,
I wanted to to send this report of our one day visit through Royal Caribbean cruises. I had pre-set up a two tank dive with Scuba Du 2 months prior and even comunicated one week ago with Scuba DU and everything was set for 12/20/05.

Upon our arrival at the pier where Vanessa from Scuba Du told us to go, no one was there to greet us. We sat at the pier for over 2 hours and waited, just wanting to go diving. There were no phones or bathrooms any where in sight. Many of the local boating tours felt sorry for us. Finally a representative from Scuba Du came out by chance near the pier and was waived down by a local boating tour captain. He explained that Scuba Du went out of business a week earlier.

I am so thankful that I had not paid this company any money. As I am sure they would have taken my money and never have been seen.

One of the local boating tours called the scuba club, AKA Scuba Cozumel. They came and picked us up and drove us to the boat. We had an excellent time with them. It was only my wife, me and 2 others.

The divemaster was great and so was the boat team. I would like to say thanks to them for be a a diver saver if they read these threads. They made an aweful start and AWESOME day!
Thanks Scuba Cozumel!

I managed Scuba Du's location at El Cozumeleño for 5 years. And I can tell you this post is not correct. I believe the person who wrote it was at the wrong place, I am also sure the person that he spoke to was NOT a representative of Scuba Du. Scuba Du is in business and will be for a long time, they are one of the best operators in Cozumel, AND they get great customer satisfaction reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom