How crazy is Memorial Day weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tiggy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After our stop in Cozumel on our cruise earlier this year, my husband and I have decided that we have to go back. Due to other travel committments, we're really short on vacation time. Therefore we thought Memorial Day weekend would be a good time to try and squeeze in a trip to Coz.

How busy is it in Coz that weekend? I know that there are very few cruise ships in port, but do a lot of people from the States come down for the long weekend?

Thanks!

tiggy:
After our stop in Cozumel on our cruise earlier this year, my husband and I have decided that we have to go back. Due to other travel committments, we're really short on vacation time. Therefore we thought Memorial Day weekend would be a good time to try and squeeze in a trip to Coz.

How busy is it in Coz that weekend? I know that there are very few cruise ships in port, but do a lot of people from the States come down for the long weekend?

Thanks!

It's failry busy but definitely not the busiest weekend of the year. You should make diving and hotel reservations in advance for that weekend hoever, if you want your first choices.

Christi,

Thanks for the quick reply! How far in advance would you recommend making reservations?

(We typically plan stuff at least a year in advance, so this is already last minute to us. Plus we've got friends who are waffling on going. So a firm date to decide by is always a good push to make a decision.)

tiggy:
Christi,

Thanks for the quick reply! How far in advance would you recommend making reservations?

(We typically plan stuff at least a year in advance, so this is already last minute to us. Plus we've got friends who are waffling on going. So a firm date to decide by is always a good push to make a decision.)

It really depends on what shop you are diving with. The smaller ones book up faster, so I always recommend at least 6 to 8 weeks out if that's possible for you.

Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom