what to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scooba doo

Registered
Reaction score
hi. im trying to figure out how much a 5 day/6 night stay in coz will run me. i dont want all inclusive, or anything fancy. im looking at 4 days of diving hopefully, a few dinners out, and everything else picked up at the market. also, ive went with my family before, but this time it will be me and possibly, a companion, but either way, ill be the only diver. this will be my first time as an only diver, so what do i do about a buddy. just expect to get one the day of?

dan

This is really, really rough, but depending on what time of year you go, and what you expectations are on accommodation, you could stay in town for around $300-400 and, depending on who you dive with, your diving costs would be about the same by the time you factor in tips, taxis etc. I can get by on about $20/day for meals. So throw in another couple of hundred for food, restaurants, beer, misc. etc and I think you're there. So $1,000 bucks roughly.

You can get rooms and some villa rentals for around $35-45 a day.
Depending on how you like to eat,and Marg is probably right,$20 a day average.

Average out $65 for a two tank dives.

Beer????? :) Tips ????? Taxi ????

I just returned but I too can do the trip for under $1000.00

Ron

We booked with Aqua Safari and the Safari Inn. Rates are reasonable, you stay above the dive shop, pier is across the street. Can't wait.

Lots of in town hotels $35-$100 a night.
No frills with mini fridge, tv, and ac at the end of main Plaza is EL MARQUES $44 a night last month. No pool but COCO's restaurant down stairs and it opens at 6am for breakfast. On 3rd between coast road and 5th is Hotel Aguilar $35 a night basic room tv,ac, mini fridge, and small pool (just a big bath tub). Around the corner is Villa Las Anclas, it is more like 6 row houses together with a nice little court yard. $75 a night with kitchen small eating area living room spiral staircase to upstairs bed (1 bed) and bath it has ac and as of last year no tv or pool but very nice and quiet. On the coast at 3rd is Suites Bahia standard room from $55 to balcony suite $80 very nice inside no pool has ac and tv. Just down the road is Casa Mexicana $100-$150 more fancy, small pool and deck on the second floor includes a buffet breakfast thats real good ac and tv
All these and others are good for a non diving partner due to location walk to every thing in town.
I dive with WWW.bottomtimedivers.net 4 days of 2 tank diving would be -- $66 plus $2 park fee per day. I think the least expensive operator I would recommend is Dive with Martin he runs a bit less. If the boat is not even your buddy becomes the divemaster.

last time i dove at cozumel, i dove with aldora. i think i might try and stay with them because i really enjoyed diving with them. but im open to anything small, say under 8 divers, and long bottom times. thanks for all the info though guys. its very well appreciated.

dan

scooba doo:
last time i dove at cozumel, i dove with aldora. i think i might try and stay with them because i really enjoyed diving with them. but im open to anything small, say under 8 divers, and long bottom times. thanks for all the info though guys. its very well appreciated.

dan

Bottom times are really more about how well you manage your air...but if you are looking for the larger steel tanks, check Liquid Blue www.liquidbluedivers.com

Depending on when you last dove with Aldora, you may have dove with Jorge or Roberto who were long time favorites at Aldora. Roberto owns Liquid Blue and Jorge is a divemaster and instructor with them also.

Great owners, staff and service. Nice boat, long SI's at the beach, etc. etc.

Have fun!

Christi is right about Liquid Blue and she hasn't said it on her post, but she also runs a first class operation and her divemasters and boat captain are great.

Lou

loudives:
Christi is right about Liquid Blue and she hasn't said it on her post, but she also runs a first class operation and her divemasters and boat captain are great.

Lou
And I got consistent 60 min + dives with Blue XT Sea using an AL 80. Steel tanks are nice, but I wouldn't let that be my main criteria for selecting a dive OP.

Back
Top Bottom