Flights to Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajen

Reaction score
Just curious to see what you guys have been paying flying to Coz or to
Cancun from the midwest? My husband and I are hoping to do another
dive vacation in June, but if airfare doesn't go down, we may not get
to go. :mad:
I know June is a long way away, but we are trying to figure out our vacation for
this year. Right now flying out of Indianapolis to Coz, it is around $1000 for 2 people
and about $850 flying into Cancun. A couple of years ago we only paid $525 for the both of us. Of course gas prices were not as high then either.

Thanks for your help,
Jen

I booked on AA from ORD via DFW to CZM for a mid Feb. flight. It cost around $500. I understand your concern, I was able to use FF miles or I couldn't have gone. Loudiver had some other choices that he might be able to suggest.

We just booked US Air from Chicago O'Hare to Cozumel (with a short stop in Charlotte, NC) for our trip on Feb 11 - 18. Cost per person: 546.00. We've flown to Cozumel cheaper than that...I had booked for 239.00 per person but United cancelled their flights. And last November we were set up for 430.00 per person but the trip got cancelled due to Hurricane Wilma! So, 546.00 it is for this trip! Just happy to be going! We got a great deal on the hotel so that's easing the pain a little on the price of the flights.

Hope this helps!
Michelle & Rick

We are looking at $585 pp from Pittsburgh to Coz, or $465 to Cancun. Last year at the same time it was $239...................ouch.

I got a steal last August flying from Detroit to Cancun for $178 roundtrip. I know, I know, I thought it was a misprint on the website! That was Spirit Airlines. They fly charters down for Apple vacation packages. I've also flown on USA3000 out of Cincinnati for around 300.

They both have websites. www.usa3000.com and www.spiritair.com. Rates aren't quit as low right now, as what I've paid in the past, but they're still rather attractive. You should also check to see what charters might fly out of Indy too.

Flights on American Air out of La Guardia New York are running normally now, stop in Dallas. Going to book trip to Coz for mid Feb. Anyone had any problems with A Air going to Coz? I'm told it's fine.

No problem with that route... I took it a few times. I'll be going via Delta in march becase it leaves from JFK which is more convenient for me. I connect in Atlanta, you'll be connecting in DFW.

Dec 10 flew to Cancun from Chicago including tax 303 on AA thru dfw. Going next week on Spirit form ord thru Ft. Lauderdale to Cancun 298. Feb 11 on UsAir to Coz on miles but would have payed 350.
You have to check the net twice a day as sometimes non advertized sales come up. Also get a list of discount airlines they may not show up on search you have to go to their site. Charters are good sometimes especialy to Cancun. From Indy drive to Chicago or Cinci to get better deals. There is a charter outfit that flies from Cinci and Louisville Can't remember name. Out of Chicago its funjet or apple.
Best time on reg airlines seems to be about 2 months ahead or when they have sales. Charters are funny in that 1 price 8 weeks out but next day is up or down quite a bit, then back to original price a week later. Usally about 2 weeks out if they have many seats left they really discount the price. But if you wait thinking that and they don't you pay big time.
Good sites to try:
www.kayak.com
www.sidestep.com
www.USA3000.com
www.spirtair.com
www.funjet.com
www.applevacations.com

I also found on AA a trip from Chicago to Alaska for 288 rt in June (high season) and booked that in Dec. and now its over 500. It was a internet only 1 day sale. You have to check and be ready to buy. Worry about hotel later, you can always find a room in Coz.

Lou

nikyyo:
No problem with that route... I took it a few times. I'll be going via Delta in march becase it leaves from JFK which is more convenient for me. I connect in Atlanta, you'll be connecting in DFW.

That's good to hear. Have you taken it to Coz since the storm? I'm just hoping it is trouble free at terh airport. Thanks

loudives:
Dec 10 flew to Cancun from Chicago including tax 303 on AA thru dfw. Going next week on Spirit form ord thru Ft. Lauderdale to Cancun 298. Feb 11 on UsAir to Coz on miles but would have payed 350.
You have to check the net twice a day as sometimes non advertized sales come up. Also get a list of discount airlines they may not show up on search you have to go to their site. Charters are good sometimes especialy to Cancun. From Indy drive to Chicago or Cinci to get better deals. There is a charter outfit that flies from Cinci and Louisville Can't remember name. Out of Chicago its funjet or apple.
Best time on reg airlines seems to be about 2 months ahead or when they have sales. Charters are funny in that 1 price 8 weeks out but next day is up or down quite a bit, then back to original price a week later. Usally about 2 weeks out if they have many seats left they really discount the price. But if you wait thinking that and they don't you pay big time.
Good sites to try:
www.kayak.com
www.sidestep.com
www.USA3000.com
www.spirtair.com
www.funjet.com
www.applevacations.com

I also found on AA a trip from Chicago to Alaska for 288 rt in June (high season) and booked that in Dec. and now its over 500. It was a internet only 1 day sale. You have to check and be ready to buy. Worry about hotel later, you can always find a room in Coz.

Lou

fare for me NY to Coz on AA is $536. Your fares sems so much better

Back
Top Bottom