Hotel Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubble Twin One

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We are planning on a March trip to Cozumel but still haven't made a firm choice on a Hotel. We are looking for all-inclusive, ocean side. We were considering Hotel Cozumel. I have been reviewing post in the Scuba Board but cannot find anything on Hotel Cozumel. Has anyone been to there or heard first hand how they are recovering from Wilma? Happy Bubbling!!

Hotel Cozumel did survive Wilma...they are across the street from the ocean...but they do have a connecting tunnel to their beach club (which took a hard hit). I think I read somewhere it is back up and running though....

We stay there every time we go and like it...for us it is conveinent to town and their pool is great for after diving...their dock is very nice for boat pickup....food is just ok but we are not there to eat. Food is better in town but we usually go AI for the conveince and then go to town for dinner a few nights... beach club has a nice seaside resturant for lunch or dinner or they have a pool side grill for burgers and snacks and drinks...also they have a indoor resturant for breakfast and dinner...

They provide beach towels and have in room safes...also the dive lockers are for the hotels use as well...any specific questions please feel free to pm me.

have fun

I stayed there once and really didn't mind it. The all inclusive rates seem to be all over the place from $10 - $65 per day. At $10 its a steal but at $65 it's a rip except for the convenience. I think you can get the AI after you get there possibly at a negotiated lower rate, or buy it daily. As parrothead said it is really convenient to be able to grab a cup of coffee and what ever breakfast you have time for. Lunch by the really, really nice pool area is also really good. Supper sucks, sorry, but it is bad.

We were there just a week or two after things opened up again after the hurricanes and the beach club and beach restaraunt were trashed. I can't wait to see the difference March 5th when I'm off to Coz again, and staying at Hotel Coz .

My girlfriend and I stayed at HC last year in March. It was an awesome hotel to stay at. We had no problems at all with anything there. The only thing that stunk was that we had the first room off the lobby. So it got kinda loud at night.
Here are a few pics that I have of the place. The first one is the bar across the street along with the view from the bar.
Next is a view down our hall on the first floor. Don't know why I took it... maybe to many drinks late at night. :14:
Then the gorgeous pool.... amazing pool.
Last, our room. Don't mind the crooked lamp shade. Don't know how that happened since the pic was taken as soon as we walked in.

My advice is to book now. We just booked again for our July trip. Early this month it was $765 for 5 nights and now it is $860ish for the same thing. This is for Fiesta Americana though.

Have fun!

Bubble Twin One:
We are planning on a March trip to Cozumel but still haven't made a firm choice on a Hotel. We are looking for all-inclusive, ocean side. We were considering Hotel Cozumel. I have been reviewing post in the Scuba Board but cannot find anything on Hotel Cozumel. Has anyone been to there or heard first hand how they are recovering from Wilma? Happy Bubbling!!

We run trips there all the time. If you want to jump in on a good group of recreational divers going check out our trip. Cozumel Trip March

We get taken care of really well there.

Thanks

We stayed at Hotel Cozumel this January, 7-14. The tunnel under the road is open, the beach club is open, the pier is available, and the second pier with the gazebo? was being poured when we left. Everything else is operational. We liked it, the food is just so-so, but we opted to eat in town anyway. Breakfast at Rock n Java, which is great, and then into town for the rest. Rooms were good, beds were kinda hard tho. The pool area is nice, very big nice pool. Wireless internet access is only available in the lobby, and connection isnt real great, but hey.....it works!! We like it, very close to town, but not in town. Easy pick up by the dive boats at the pier. I say go for it!!

Thank you all for the great info and tips. I'll be booking my trip tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom