Available Nitrox Mixes On Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ex Con

Reaction score
Anyone know what mixes are available on the island? I will be diving the Azimuth rebreather from now on and will need two different mixes.

Hi ex con,
Not sure if this will help with the rebreather, but on my last trip to Coz-last Aug., Dive House was able to supply 32% and 36%.
Of course, these mixes were in tanks whenthey got to me but at least those mixes are available, somewhere on the island.
Good luck,
Mike

There is a common fill station on Coz, all operators get tanks from these folks. The have 32% and 36% mixes +/- 2%. At least this is what I have found to be available as a recreational diver.

If you need anything different, you need to talk to your dive operator and see if he can get what you need. Be upfront about what you need and why.

Park Ridge eh? I lived on Van Emburgh Ave in Washington Twp!

I've travelled that road many times!
Good to hear from former "Bergen Countyite" :)
take care,
Mike

Just got back 3 days ago from Coz. Dove 4 days. First 2 we dove with 32% mixtures. ONLY people on the boat both days diving with Nitrox. Boat people give you attitude when you want to analyze with there equipment. So the next 2 days we dove on air, just so we "fit in". Was kinda amazed everyone dove with air. Everytime I go to the Carolina's not a single perosn on the boat dives with air....

Meridiano 87 is a professional Fill station for Air, Nitrox and Trimix
80% of the dive shops in Cozumel get their tanks fill at Meridiano 87.

rebreathers divers can get all the mixes and percentages they want,
If you need help, give a call , I dive with a SCR the Dolphin draeger.
I have seen the italian Azimuth, it seems a preety good SCR.

If you need help in getting Soda lime here on the island let me know.

Memo Mendoza
ph. (001) (52) (87) 87 2 33 97

divememo@hotmail.com

Long, long time no see, amigo.

You all healed up & back in action on the Coz dive scene?

Be well.

DocVikingo

Back
Top Bottom