Good dive ops in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abitton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there,

I'll be near Playa del Carmen with my GF in late April, and figured that it would be nice to do a few dives in Coz. What I've read to date has been mostly to the effect that you should dive Playa with a PDC op, and Coz with a Coz op.

That being said, any recommendations for some good people out there? Any outfits you would avoid?

Any comment or suggestion would be highly appreciated!

Alex

abitton:
Hi there,

I'll be near Playa del Carmen with my GF in late April, and figured that it would be nice to do a few dives in Coz. What I've read to date has been mostly to the effect that you should dive Playa with a PDC op, and Coz with a Coz op.

That being said, any recommendations for some good people out there? Any outfits you would avoid?

Any comment or suggestion would be highly appreciated!

Alex

Here we go again... ;^)

If you'll scan this forum for "dive ops", you'll find megabytes of stuff. Why don't you read up a bit and get back here if you have some specific questions?

Ggunn,

Not to sound too offended, but I have already been through the full Cozumel sub-forum, and did not find what I was looking for...

Quote from my post: "What I've read to date has been mostly to the effect that you should dive Playa with a PDC op, and Coz with a Coz op"

So, if you've found so much stuff, mind sharing it with me? Guess I can't look good enough... :D

A.

EDIT: I re-read my post - I should have been making it clear I am looking for COZUMEL dive ops. There IS tons of info on PDC ops (which I have already "processed").

ggunn:
Here we go again... ;^)

If you'll scan this forum for "dive ops", you'll find megabytes of stuff. Why don't you read up a bit and get back here if you have some specific questions?

Left behind?!?!?!?

That can't be good... And you would recommend them???

Fish_Whisperer:
I had a pretty good time with the Casa del Mar dive op. (Well, getting left behind once, kinda' sucked, but other than that, it was great!)

Alex, I can also highly recommend the Cozumel dive op, Blue XT-Sea. We did all our diving with them last June & had a wonderful time. We'll be diving with them again this June (and whenever we're in Coz). Hope you have a great trip!

abitton:
Left behind?!?!?!?

That can't be good... And you would recommend them???

Well... Yeah... It's actually a long and rather funny story. It turns out that one of the dive leaders got down to depth and realized that he had to crap, so he surfaced and the boat took him to shore. Then the boat came back and dropped him off with his team. Meanwhile, being the airhog that I was, as a n00b diver, I had surfaced to find that there was no boat. I bobbed around for about a half hour, and another boat came by and circled me, after radioing my boat to come get me. (And they had been on their way to do just that, apparently.) Seriously, they were a fun and good outfit to dive with, but for that one incident.

Alex,

a general rule of thumb that I have heard here on many occasions is that any of the Cozumel Dive Ops with "blue" in the name are good! I have done 20+ dives with Deep Blue and I was very pleased with them. Blue XTSea is extremely highly rated by the vast majority of people that use them.

YMMV,

Wristshot

Fish_Whisperer:
Well... Yeah... It's actually a long and rather funny story. It turns out that one of the dive leaders got down to depth and realized that he had to crap, so he surfaced and the boat took him to shore. Then the boat came back and dropped him off with his team. Meanwhile, being the airhog that I was, as a n00b diver, I had surfaced to find that there was no boat. I bobbed around for about a half hour, and another boat came by and circled me, after radioing my boat to come get me. (And they had been on their way to do just that, apparently.) Seriously, they were a fun and good outfit to dive with, but for that one incident.
It probably wasn't funny at the time, but I have to admit, I laughed out loud when I read that.

Back
Top Bottom