Casa Del Mar 4-7 thru 4-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

humanphibian

Reaction score
and I can WAIT!! It has been waaaayyyy too long.

Is anyone else in Coz that weekend?

I'm not sure who we're diving with yet but I'm leaning toward Martin, but His site says that they are not shore diving until May. My 2 teen daughters are going, and want to dive.....a little. They are more worried about tanning that diving, so if figured that they could dive the plane and probably be content. Is that whole area shut down because of Wilma, or just Martin? I looked at Del Mar, but they seem a little pricey compared to other operators.

any insight would be greatly appreciated.

One more thing....Island Photo back open yet??

Not sure if Island Photo's shop is opened yet, but, we rented a video camera from Armando in Feb. Just email them and if they aren't open at the store, Holly will arrange for Armando to meet you wherever you're staying and take care of whatever you need. Holly was in Denver working but as far as I know she'll be back on island when the business is back up and running.

They should be operating out of the store again as soon as El Cid La Cieba reopens.

humanphibian:
and I can WAIT!! It has been waaaayyyy too long.

Is anyone else in Coz that weekend?

I'm not sure who we're diving with yet but I'm leaning toward Martin, but His site says that they are not shore diving until May. My 2 teen daughters are going, and want to dive.....a little. They are more worried about tanning that diving, so if figured that they could dive the plane and probably be content. Is that whole area shut down because of Wilma, or just Martin? I looked at Del Mar, but they seem a little pricey compared to other operators.

any insight would be greatly appreciated.

One more thing....Island Photo back open yet??

Shore diving in front of La Ceiba won't reopen until the hotel opens, which is looking like May.

Dive Ops in Cozumel range in price from $55 to $95 for a two-tanker. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples, because all are different and offer different services. You just need to decide which of those services are important to you personally.

Island Photo is operational and Armando is opening the shop a few hours each day for processing and rentals. He will also meet you at your dive shop or hotel if you need something. Your dive operator should know how to get in touch with him for you.

Hope this helps!

humanphibian:
Christi,
I tried to send you a PM, but your box is full. I sent one to your info@ addy. I had some questions for you.

Is the diving in front of La Ceiba open?

I just got it and replied...thank you for e-mailing it :) For future reference, I don't answer reservation requests by PM or on the board...only through e-mail.

As stated above, no shore diving at La Ceiba until the hotel opens.

humanphibian:
thanks, fixin to reply to your mail.....:D

sorry, I edited to say CDM(typing without reading first).......but any shore diving in that area at all?

Ummm...not really anything worth seeing right now. It's pretty scoured along the shoreline unfortunatley.

NASTY thunderstorm starting up here...time to shut down the computer!!!!!!

yeah, I heard that it was torn up, but it's clear. The local ponds around here are too "Icky" for teenage girls. I just need somewhere to throw them in the water for a little while, if they want to dive at all.....never can tell with them. :huh:

Thanks for your quick response, NOW I'm starting understand why you and your crew are held in such high regard. Customer Service ( yes, I'm booking first thing tomorrow!) has been beyond expectation so far, and I suspect that it gets even better.

see ya soon

If you're staying at Casa del Mar, you're right next door to scubashack, also known as Roberta's Eco-dive Cozumel. I've dove with them many times and I highly recommend them. I did shore dive there in January; it's a little tricky getting in and out but it's doable in calm seas, unless there's current construction right there that was not going on when I was there. The shore diving was not great when I did it, although there is a little bit of what once was paradise reef you can swim to.

Roberta's is really convenient if you're at Casa del Mar; walk out of the hotel, turn left, take about 20 steps, and you're there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom