Mystery Dive Center?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nyprrthd

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
It looks like Christi is booked up on at least one of the days that we would want to dive on our upcoming trip! (According to the website)

We spoke to a gentleman at the recent Beneath the Sea dive show. He owns Deep Exposure Dive Center in Cozumel. I've done several searches here to get some more info, but only found one mention of them in a thread about "Who has large tanks?"

I get the feeling that they're dedicated to DIR, but would like to get some kind of input before I make any decisions. I welcome all input that helps me improve my diving, but not sure that I want that kind of "exposure" while I'm on vacation.

So many choices!

I saw them at BTS as well but didn't actually talk to them. I'd heard about them recently and gather they are going after the tech diver market that seems to not be catered to yet in Cozumel. They are a new operation, I think. Here's their website www.deepexposuredivecenter.com

Scubawife,

That's the impression that I got, but he assured us that they welcome all levels of divers. I just don't want to get hooked up with some Kamikazee divers, and go on an adventure that I'm not quite ready to undertake.

We were at the show on Saturday. Maybe we "bumped" into you, and didn't even know it! The show was mobbed all day Saturday, and we spent 7 hours there.

My understanding is that Omar is a friend of Andrew Georgitsis (AG) with 5thd-x.com (former GUE Training director), and although they cater to the Tech crowd, the majority of their dives are recreational. AG and Ben, from www.dive-xtras.com, were diving with Omar a couple months ago, and shot some great video of them scootering through Devil's Throat. I believe that one of the female divers in the video was completing her OW course at the same time.

I have the video on my laptop, and am trying to find the version that's on the web. I believe it's hosted on the ww.dive-xtras.com site, but haven't tracked down the link. It's a fun video to watch. I know that Omar has a few x-scooters at his shop for people to play with, and the video shows them flying in the current. It's also possible that Dive-Xtras (booth 742 at BTS) may have the video of them on display.

If you have any questions, shoot Omar an e-mail. (http://www.deepexposuredivecenter.com/contactus.htm)

I haven't dove with Omar yet, but plan to once our child is born later this year. Janeane, my wife, made me promise no warm water diving till she's back in the water.

~ Jason

Disclaimer: I'm the site admin for AG at 5thd-x.com, but have no affiliation with Dive-Xtras or Deep Exposure.

Jason,

Thank you for the reply, and great info. As far as your DW is concerned, I wish you all the best for a healthy, happy baby; but you really have to be careful when making that kind of promise! :)

nyprrthd:
Jason,

Thank you for the reply, and great info. As far as your DW is concerned, I wish you all the best for a healthy, happy baby; but you really have to be careful when making that kind of promise! :)

Thank you. We're so excited about the baby, I can hardly contain it.

I hear you on the promise. The good news is that I primarily dive cold water, and was able to work in a trip to Washington this summer for a bit of wreck, tech, and recreational dives. I'll miss out on the Red Sea and Cozumel though, but in all fairness, the money I'll save will help out a lot for when Janeane is back in the water this time next year. Good times.

~ Jason

nyprrthd:
It looks like Christi is booked up on at least one of the days that we would want to dive on our upcoming trip! (According to the website).....

Don't give up on using Christi. Her website shows as being booked for the dates I need for my summer trip, but she is working on accommadating me. Her website also says to contact her even if the dates show as unavailable.

nyprrthd:
Scubawife,

That's the impression that I got, but he assured us that they welcome all levels of divers. I just don't want to get hooked up with some Kamikazee divers, and go on an adventure that I'm not quite ready to undertake.

We were at the show on Saturday. Maybe we "bumped" into you, and didn't even know it! The show was mobbed all day Saturday, and we spent 7 hours there.

I was there about a month ago and had so much fun :) I know they can do the tech stuff if someone wanted, but all I did was fun 70- 100ft stuff and had a great time.

I liked it so much we are taking a trip in May and Im just arranging another trip for June to take my wife.

The boat is large and comfortable, they serve a nice lunch during the surface interval and evertime you get out of the water the boat guy hands you a huge fluffy towel to dry yourself.

I would book these guys in a heartbeat.

Ben McGeever

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom