Cozumel Dinner Meeting Friday - April 14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
This kinda' came together when several of us posted on a thread that turned out to be a year old, but a few of us decided to still meet for dinner anyway. If you'll be on the island, you're invited.

Here's my favorite place, as described by Christi...
**La Mission ON 30th!! – NOT to be mistaken with La Mission downtown or Casa Mission – located on Av. 30 between Calle 2 and Calle 4, just north of the Super San Francisco grocery store. Open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. True local and traditional Mexican food at a budget everyone can afford! My favorite is the Mexican combo plate!

<edit> Okay - the revised plan is at 7:00pm, but get there whenever you can. Divingnthedark & Christi are coming, as are Divematt and Coz Sally. Would love to see more of us there. :D

DandyDon:
This kinda' came together when several of us posted on a thread that turned out to be a year old, but a few of us decided to still meet for dinner anyway. If you'll be on the island, you're invited.

Here's my favorite place, as described by Christi...

We couldn't agree on 6 or 7, so we settled on 6:30pm, but get there whenever you can. Divingnthedark & Christi are coming, as are Divematt and Coz Sally. Would love to see more of us there. :D

I will be happy to make the reservations...it's just a couple of blocks from my house. I just need a headcount by the 13th. Two of my closest girlfirends will be on the island then :D so they'll be coming along as well. They always MAKE me go out and I'll save Sally the headache of talking me into going :)

I just had dinner there again the other night and it was delicious as always! I think it's one of the best dining values on the island actually!

By the way...to help with some confusion, they've now painted Parrilla(restaurant/grill) Mission on the building...so you can tell the taxi driver PARRILLA (Sally am I spelling that right?) You still may want to specify on 30th...because they may try to take you to Casa Mission which you do not want!

Here's what I have so far:
Don
Sally
Christi
Frances (Christi's friend)
Sue (Christi's friend)
DivingintheDark (Loretta)
Dolores (Loretta's Mom)
Matt (divematt)
Barb (divematt's SO)

I'll invite all of my divers as well...some of them may even be Scubaboarders :)

Don, I believe it was at 7:00 pm as was posted on the thread entitled " Cozumel 10-17" page 3 where you were the last poster on 3-14 2006 as shown below. But whatever time it is, is fine with me. There were some pm's going on that agreed on 7:00 as well. Let's let Christy make the reservation and then tell us on her post above what time.

Thanks,
Matt

OK, Dinner at La Mission on 30th, April 14th at 7:00 OK?

divematt:
Coz Sally, DandyDon, Divingnthedark, and anyone else, how does dinner at La Mission on 30th, April 14th at 7:00PM sound? You're invited too Christy!!! Maybe we could do a night dive on the 13th, Thursday night, as it will be a full moon and then it won't get in the way of dinner Friday the 14th????

Matt
Oh Hey I'm in, now I know the right La Mission on 30th @ 7:00PM sounds great. Oh lets see if we can do that night dive for the 13th and a full moon would be the perfect time! Any other takers for night dive on the 13th so I can check with Christi??...Thanks Matt! Hey my name is Loretta [edited by Doc] but I booked the hotel cozumel after I booked my flight since I hadn't planned on staying there until my mom said she wanted to go with me. I booked the room under her name which is [edited by Doc] but will try to change it to my name when I get there since it's on my VISA. FYI I will be in Coz arrival 4/12-4/24Departure, Let me know... Hey I'll forward this to Christi in case she missed your post,
Loretta

Sounds great to me, and I'll behave - I promise.

I will be happy to make the reservations...it's just a couple of blocks from my house. I just need a headcount by the 13th. Two of my closest girlfirends will be on the island then so they'll be coming along as well. They always MAKE me go out and I'll save Sally the headache of talking me into going
Sounds super, Christi - thanks. Nice to hear your friends are coming, too.

Ok Matt, my bad - went back and edited the original post to 7pm. :D

Nevis Diver:
I should plan a trip for the meals and dive in my spare time !

Hey Nevis,

Believe me, the food in Cozumel is every bit as much fun as the diving. We plan it out methodically so that we can check out all of the new and old places. Some of the better ones have quite a following. Some are dirt cheap, and some are great to splurge. Cozumel is diving and food for me which is why I could never do an all inclusive. We rent a car for 10 days and try something out different every meal.

Matt

Yep, and Christi' guide is a great place to start. Enjoyed the French Quarter a lot too....

Christi:
I just had dinner there again the other night and it was delicious as always! I think it's one of the best dining values on the island actually!
By the way...to help with some confusion, they've now painted Parrilla(restaurant/grill) Mission on the building...so you can tell the taxi driver PARRILLA (Sally am I spelling that right?) You still may want to specify on 30th...because they may try to take you to Casa Mission which you do not want!
Here's what I have so far:
Don
Sally
Christi
Sue (Christi's friend)
Dolores (Loretta's Mom)
Matt (divematt)
Barb (divematt's SO)
I'll invite all of my divers as well...some of them may even be Scubaboarders :)
Okay, Dinner 4/14/06 @7:00PM "Parrilla" Mission on 30th...Christi I'll stop by your shop a little after 4:00PM on 4/12 and you can tell me how to pronounce that:05:
The More the Merrier!
Loretta

All sounds good to me.
Christi, can you add Kate & Andy to your list.
cheers

Andy G

Andy_G:
All sounds good to me.
Christi, can you add Kate & Andy to your list.
cheers

Andy G

Added:

Don
Sally
Christi
Sue (Christi's friend)
Dolores (Loretta's Mom)
Matt (divematt)
Barb (divematt's SO)