"Chi" now open!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coz Sally

Contributor
Reaction score
Raymond and Roseann, owners of Sam's Wok near the International pier, have opened an elegant Chinese restaurant/bar, "Chi", on the waterfront at Calle 3 above Pizza Hut. This second floor establishment offers the same menu and prices they had at their former downtown location years ago. With both indoor and outdoor (oceanview) seating, it promises to be a local favorite.

Those lucky enough to be invited to the grand opening party were delighted by trays and trays of Chinese finger food that were presented to the seated guests. This included sushi (salmon, avocado, tuna and others), filled chicken wings, veggie brochettes, egg rolls, fried pockets of other delicious ingredients, sesame balls filled with a sweet fruity paste, and ... I'm sure I'm forgetting half of what I ate. All generously complemented by your choice of beverage.

The ribbon cutting ceremony was a proud moment for Raymond, Roseann, their son and their beaming staff. Many Cozumel VIP's were in attendance as well as the press. They praised the opening of the new restaurant as an act of faith that this island is still worthy of fresh investment, even after the difficult months we have had.

The decor is simple and elegant. Fresh orchid plants adorn the walls. The ceilings are draped with white billowing fabric. Comfort and good food are on the menu.

The name "Chi" is Chinese for energy or life force, and it is an appropriate description of what Raymond, Roseann, their son and staff have brought to the downtown area. Not to mention the best hot and sour soup on the planet...

Most entrees are around $10. Quality is excellent!

Back
Top Bottom