When is the best time of the year to dive in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MMM

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
There seem to have been a lot of posts about whether it's good to dive in this month or that. I don't want to shout but THERE AREN'T REALLY ANY BAD MONTHS! You will hit a few Nortes in December/January/February. Hurricanes are an Act of God and can happen at any time....but seems to be summer/fall. Low seasons are great if the dive op will go out without a half-full boat. In short, I would take my chances any day in Coz when you consider all things (cost, ease of arrival, risk of getting blown out, fabulous people). Just my two cents.

MMM:
There seem to have been a lot of posts about whether it's good to dive in this month or that. I don't want to shout but THERE AREN'T REALLY ANY BAD MONTHS! You will hit a few Nortes in December/January/February. Hurricanes are an Act of God and can happen at any time....but seems to be summer/fall. Low seasons are great if the dive op will go out without a half-full boat. In short, I would take my chances any day in Coz when you consider all things (cost, ease of arrival, risk of getting blown out, fabulous people). Just my two cents.

I agree - the best month ?? - - - > ANY!!!

The best time to dive Cozumel is right now. I'll answer the question the same way whenever you ask me. ;^)

Anytime Diving In Cozumel Is Better Than The Day You Dont!!!

Anytime our schedule allows...

Just when I thought the board was completely saturated with "Pump up Cozumel" threads... I was wrong. :doh:

archman:
Just when I thought the board was completely saturated with "Pump up Cozumel" threads... I was wrong. :doh:

Well, that's not what I was doing. Cozumel doesn't need pumping up, IMO.

When I'm out somewhere and I see someone with a Coz shirt on, I say something to them, ask them when they were there or something, and it usually ends up with "I love Cozumel" and "Me, too". Meeting people in here is the same.

The "regulars" in here know that I am unabashedly a Coz fan, but I'm not trying to paint an unrealistic picture or change anyone's mind about it.

Peace,

archman:

That wasn't my intent. I just thought it was a rather concise way of answering some repetitive questions along the lines of "what about May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December...."

MMM:

When is the best time to dive in Cozumel? Tomorrow.

archman:

If you hate Coz so much, why do you come on this site. Or, is this just an aggie thing?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom