House or Hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chugmeister

Contributor
Reaction score
We are planning a trip to Coz soon and have always stayed in Hotels. Via the internet I have seen that there are a good number of houses for rent. We are going to have 6 to 10 people and just curious if anyone can share any experience they have had renting a house or has any advice.

chugmeister:
We are planning a trip to Coz soon and have always stayed in Hotels. Via the internet I have seen that there are a good number of houses for rent. We are going to have 6 to 10 people and just curious if anyone can share any experience they have had renting a house or has any advice.

Six to ten people would be a perfect group for El Cantil condos. If you're all splitting the cost, it is just as affordable, if not more than hotel rooms.

Right on the water, luxurious, pool, boat pier, close enough to town to walk, grocery store just across the street, jacuzzi's and LARGE terraces, full kitchens with purified water straight from the tap, etc. etc.

Here's a link...by the way, I have no financial interest in theis place, I just think it's the nicest place to stay on the island if in your budget.

http://www.elcantilcondos.com/

Christi:
Six to ten people would be a perfect group for El Cantil condos. If you're all splitting the cost, it is just as affordable, if not more than hotel rooms.

Right on the water, luxurious, pool, boat pier, close enough to town to walk, grocery store just across the street, jacuzzi's and LARGE terraces, full kitchens with purified water straight from the tap, etc. etc.

Here's a link...by the way, I have no financial interest in theis place, I just think it's the nicest place to stay on the island if in your budget.

http://www.elcantilcondos.com/

Is that the new place next to the former Plaza las Glorias?

ggunn:
Is that the new place next to the former Plaza las Glorias?

Yes it is. The "Sur" section has been open for a couple of years, but the new building will be opening any day now.

Wow that looks NICE! I wonder what their rates are....

Brules:
Wow that looks NICE! I wonder what their rates are....

They are on the website. Go to "make a reservation" and then you can click on "villa tours" and then click on each unit to the right for pricing, availability and to see more pictures and the layout of each unit.

We were thinking more of a seperate house, private pool type environment and not the condo route

We looked at that....are the cooks optional? I think it was very enticing...the houses were very beautiful and I know the pick-up for diving was a bit of an issue and at the end I was worried I would have to feel a responsibility at meal time if everyone else was hustling around, cooking, dishes, etc. Many of the houses have staff. It is so easy in a group when at a hotel to retreat to your room and nap...watch tv..relax. When in a house with a group I would feel the need to "explain". It may come down to WHO you are with in that house!...and then you need a car, can't walk anywhere, (the houses were mostly out on one end), you would need to be a bit on a "program", compromising on meals, etc. The people we were with that wanted the house had a two year old. I kept picturing "nap time", quiet time...you get the picture. PLus for me a lot of the fun is--you guessed it..yack, yack and meeting people. Turns out on that trip there was this man that was shooting for National Geographic and he helped me at the bar quite a bit with my new camera. If you are with your group "at your private pool" I think it sounds better than it actually is. Remember those houses are all shot with really wide angle lenses so look at the square footage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom