Scuba Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flywright

New
Reaction score
Does anyone know the status of the piers at Scuba Club Cozumel? Arey the like they were pre Wilma?

Thanks.

Buck

flywright:
Does anyone know the status of the piers at Scuba Club Cozumel? Arey the like they were pre Wilma?

Thanks.

Buck

I saw a recent photo on the SCC website. It was a view of the hammocks (they are restoreed) looking south. In the backgroung there was rebar waiting for a pour but no sign of any pier.

I took this from their website:
http://www.scubaclubcozumel.com\newsF.html

"SCC is happy to report that on Sunday, April 23rd the first of our boats docked at our new pier. The "Scuba II" was the first boat of the fleet to use the new pier. Crew and guests were all pretty excited to have the pier operating."

the scuba club piers don't exist anymore...At least when I was there in January...

Cozufan:
the scuba club piers don't exist anymore...At least when I was there in January...

It's June now. Alot has changed in 5/6 months. Scuba Club's pier is operational.

Thanks for the up to date information.. The posted news is great to hear..Seems like the fantastic folks in Cozumel are working very hard to get everything back to as close to normal as they can as fast as they can...I have been to Cozumel about twenty times and have never had a bad dive vacation..Did you happen to see if the Papa Hogs building had beeen completed when you were there???
Again thanks for the info Cozufan

Hi all fellow divers

How is Cozumel coming along since I was there in January?
I am booked for January 12 to 26 and was curious how the rebuilding has been coming along as well as the recovery of the reefs.

Has any of the sand retreated from the shallow reefs?

PLEASE post a reply anyone and let us all in on the good news.

Thanks Cozufan

Cozufan:
Hi all fellow divers

How is Cozumel coming along since I was there in January?
I am booked for January 12 to 26 and was curious how the rebuilding has been coming along as well as the recovery of the reefs.

Has any of the sand retreated from the shallow reefs?

PLEASE post a reply anyone and let us all in on the good news.

Thanks Cozufan

You may want to start another thread with your questions....but here is an article Christi posted several threads down and this is pretty much right on

http://northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk3JmZnYmVsN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2OTk0NTMx

hurricanes come and go....the island and the reef have and will recover....it is still one of the best places in the Caribbean to go....:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom