trip report for casa del mar/diving/food

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ManitouDan

Registered
Reaction score
I posted a rather long, well really long, trip report on cozumelmycozumel.com under trip reports, don't have time or computer know how to duplicate it here . Sorry if mentioning another site is a no-no. delete if necessary. Thanks ManitouDan

Thanks for the trip report. I'm booked at Casa del Mar at the end of May so I've been looking for new reports.

Thanks for the update! Great report. Our local dive shop has always stayed at Casa del Mar. From what I understand they stay their because it is a basic no frills hotel. They enjoy going to eat at all of the local spots, and usually only eat breatfast at the hotel. They also use the dive shop on site and are happy with them. My husband and I have always stayed at one of the AI hotels. We like the idea of being catered to. We also partake in the adult beverages and enjoy the fact we do not have to know how much we spent at the local bar. I hope this gives a little more insight.

Nice report...looks like you had a good time.

Yup, Casa del Mar is a no frills...that's why it's nick-named Motel 6 with palm trees. :D

Sounds like you had a standard room...should have asked if they would upgrade you to an ocean view (you have to part the palm tree leaves to see the ocean :D)...I've always gotten the upgrade, sometimes at no charge, but I go in the low season. Ocean views have a balcony. Or you could try the new cabañas section that's completed now...to pricey for me though. They're build tough though, I was there during their construction. Hurricane stuff.

http://www.casadelmarcozumel.com/Eng/acomodations.asp

I see that they've renamed the restaurant from La Palapa to Coral Reef now.

For the price on charter packages it's great for me, especially when I go alone. No fridge is no problem, just get an ice chest or use the plastic trash can as a cooler (I hear you about the ice machines). Not in the room that much anyway...get up late (it's vacation), eat breakfast...the omelets are good there that the lady makes to order on the buffet, go to the dock about noon or so and do afternoon dives, get back and shower, go out to eat, go back to hotel and watch a little t.v., sleep...repeat as Necessary.

I've stayed at Casa del mar before, very true it's no frills, but it served my purpose of a clean, cool place to stay when I wasn't on the dive boat. Decent bar to grab a drink, and the "beach" area is alright too. Across the street from Ernestos too, which is always good.

robot225:
I've stayed at Casa del mar before, very true it's no frills, but it served my purpose of a clean, cool place to stay when I wasn't on the dive boat. Decent bar to grab a drink, and the "beach" area is alright too. Across the street from Ernestos too, which is always good.

Sorry, but the beach across from Casa del Mar is gone, as is Ernestos. Wilma gobbled em up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom