AI Prices up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
We were unable to make our Coz trip last year and we're in the process of completing our plans for this year. Actually, we were going last October, but we had to cancel, which was good because Wilma hit the week we were scheduled. Anyway, I'm finding the AI's to be a bit more expensive this year opposed to the last couple of years. Is this what everyone else is seeing? The last time we went, we stayed at Allegro...$1300 for 7 nights and airfare from DFW. All I'm finding is in the $1800+ range for the same situation....except we're going in June. And airfare isn't what's driving the price up. Looks like we may have to bite the bullet on this one.

We could stay in town (not AI), but then we'd have to take a taxi to the marina each day and miss the relaxing atmosphere of a beach in the afternoons with Bahama Mommas delivered to your chair:14: . This is vacation....know what I mean?

I found it a bit more expensive this year. We usually go through funjet and 2 years ago we got the pkg of 5 day 4 nights airfare AI for 900.00 for 2 people.

This year same deal same hotel it is 1100.00 it was around 1300.00 but San Antonio offered one buy one fly free deal worked out of about a 200.00 savings.

Try Funjet or Worry Free Vacations out of DFW

We are at the Fiesta Americana May 14/23 9 nights AI with 6 days of diving included for $979 pp. We usually go into town for dinner, but it is still a good deal with breakfast, lunch, water and drinks and their nice restaurant is very good

I guess the pricing difference would be because we usually go in October. September and October seem to be their "super" discount season because of the obvious weather situations....possibly rainy conditions and the possibility of a hurricane. We wouldn't be going now (June), but we have friends getting married in Playa Del Carmen.

jbjclj, your pricing seems good. Does that include airfare? We don't use "in-house" dive operations and we only use scubawithalison. If yours does include airfare, who was it booked through? Thanks.

Expedia has had some good hotel deals for May and June in the last couple of weeks with free nights and discounted rates. Not sure if the AI's you're looking at are included in their recent deals.

Austin paper was advertising Funjet deal for Iberostar for 7 nights with air out of San Antonio for about $760 plus tax. I think you may just have to wait & watch. Empty rooms and seat will balance prices.

Our price does not include air. We used miles. We have used Dive House advanced diver boat. Only 6-8 divers of equal experience. We could have chosen any other operation and paid the vacationer only package. We used Island Dream Travel.

Well, while searching yesterday, I encountered what I believe to be a VERY good deal. We booked 7 nights at Fiesta Americana (w/All-Inclusive) for $870 total for two people for June4th-11th. Close enough to town for great dinners, dive Op picks up there and cheap cab fare.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom