Buying gear in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DarkOne

Registered
Reaction score
How easy is it to buy gear in Coz? We're leaving Friday, and I just found out that my wife's dive light self distructed. Should I make an effort to get out to my dive shop here, or will it be easy and not TOO much more than the states to get a light once we're there?

Thanks,

Steve in Philly

DarkOne:
How easy is it to buy gear in Coz? We're leaving Friday, and I just found out that my wife's dive light self distructed. Should I make an effort to get out to my dive shop here, or will it be easy and not TOO much more than the states to get a light once we're there?

Thanks,

Steve in Philly

Worse comes to worse...just rent one down there...:D

DarkOne:

Thanks,

Steve in Philly

There are plenty of storefront dive shops on Coz with equipment, so easy. It will be more expensive; how much more, I can't say.

DarkOne:
Thanks,
Steve in Philly
Hey Steve, check out ProDive in town it's on the same street as Prima and Mission restaurants and there's another dive equipment shop on the same street. I have purchased items at both and the prices aren't too off the wall about the same as my LDS.
Loretta

ProDive on Ave 5 has a lot of stuff, although their light selection is limited and prices seem high. But they sure are handy when something breaks or you forget something--I made several visits there last week. I would also check the Cressi dive shop caddy-corner from Pro Dive and the Aqua Safari shop on Melgar.

another vote for ProDive........decent shop

Ron Brandt:
I was not in Prodive this year at all but you might be better off to rent at $5-$8 per day.

Ron

I take a light on every dive, so for me it would probably be cheaper to buy one.

ggunn:
I take a light on every dive, so for me it would probably be cheaper to buy one.

Ditto--my PCA goes on every dive, so to rent one for $5-$8 a day, you may as well just buy one. The cost of buying is cheaper than renting over the long term, and it's not like a light costs an arm and a leg in the first place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom