SBers in May - how will we know each other?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ggunn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I plan to do the same thing I did last May; I've got some Day Glo yellow-green surveyor's tape (stretchy tape with no adhesive), and I'll have a bit of it attached to me and/or something I am carrying when I am out in public. Anyone I see doing the same I will approach and introduce myself; if you see me, please say howdy.

This last 6 days is crawling by!

ggunn:
I plan to do the same thing I did last May; I've got some Day Glo yellow-green surveyor's tape (stretchy tape with no adhesive), and I'll have a bit of it attached to me and/or something I am carrying when I am out in public. Anyone I see doing the same I will approach and introduce myself; if you see me, please say howdy.

This last 6 days is crawling by!

I just updated my profile picture, so yall will know what I look like. I'll be wearing the same Red Sox hat, or a Sox shirt, (or both).

BTW, we can still pick a watering hole for Saturday night, unless it's unanimous that it's coolers by the pool at Caribe Blu. Question: Is Caribe Blu north of the Barracuda or south? Jim and I can stop in with a 6 pack on the way back from dinner if that's the plan.

yak:
I just updated my profile picture, so yall will know what I look like. I'll be wearing the same Red Sox hat, or a Sox shirt, (or both).

BTW, we can still pick a watering hole for Saturday night, unless it's unanimous that it's coolers by the pool at Caribe Blu. Question: Is Caribe Blu north of the Barracuda or south? Jim and I can stop in with a 6 pack on the way back from dinner if that's the plan.

The Caribe Blu is south of the Barracuda; it's just north of Villablanca. My deal for Saturday is that I will be arriving with a group - all family and only one other diver (my wife). I'm pretty much duty bound to doing dinner with them; first night on the island and all. I'll have had a long day and doing the first dive the next morning, so closing down Carlos and Charlie's is pretty much out (not like I ever go there anyway).

But I'd love to get together if there's a way. If you settle on a bar, let me know and I'll try to swing by for a while after dinner. Otherwise I'll be at the Blu.

Cheers,

You fellows know that the Caribe Blu no longer has the little lobby bar? They do have wireless internet in the lobby tho, I hear. I didn't know that while I was there last month. :silly:

:D I look like the guy in the picture to the left.

sharky60:
:D I look like the guy in the picture to the left.
With straw hat and beer in hand. :D

I'll bring some bright orange surveyors tape. I'll tie some on my gear, and on my hat. It worked like a charm last year.
I'm also still planning on stopping by Caribe Blu because the bulk of the group will be there.

ggunn:
The Caribe Blu is south of the Barracuda; it's just north of Villablanca. My deal for Saturday is that I will be arriving with a group - all family and only one other diver (my wife). I'm pretty much duty bound to doing dinner with them; first night on the island and all. I'll have had a long day and doing the first dive the next morning, so closing down Carlos and Charlie's is pretty much out (not like I ever go there anyway).

But I'd love to get together if there's a way. If you settle on a bar, let me know and I'll try to swing by for a while after dinner. Otherwise I'll be at the Blu.

Cheers,

We maybe all you Caribe Blu-ers can stop by the bar at the Cuda, since it's on your way home...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom