Parking in Playa for Ferry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubbly

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Posted this on Mexico board and then realized there's a dedicated Cozumel board...

We will be taveling to Mexico at the end of June. We're flying into Cancun, plan to head to Cozumel for 2 nights and then down to Soliman Bay (between Akumal and Tulum) for 6 nights. We'll be picking up a rental car in Cancun and will drive it down to Playa to catch the ferry over to Cozumel. Does anyone know if there is overnight parking available where we could leave the rental? If so, is it safe and is it expensive? Thanks in advance for the responses!

I don't have any specific info, but I do know parking is at a premium near the ferry in Playa. You could check with your rental agency in Cancun to see if they have an outlet in Playa where you could leave your car.

What rental company are you using? There's a Thifty about a block from the ferry. If you rent from Thifty you could probably drop the car at their lot and resume the rental on your return.

If you're staying at the same place on the mainland after your 2 nights in Cozumel, then I would suggest leaving your car there and just taking a taxi to PDC. From Akumal it's about $20, but you can talk them down to around $15. Might be a bit more then parking, if you can find parking, but it would also be safer for the car.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom