Hotel Choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AggieDad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Four of us going to Cozumel in December 06 and will be diving with Christi (we will be in contact with you late next week to pay deposits) and will probably do a package deal. Two hotels we are looking at are Casa Mexicana and Caribe Blue. It appears that Casa Mexicana is a "better" hotel and when comparing notes seems to be worth the extra expense. Does anyone have experience with either of these two locations and your opinions? Feel free to answer here or privately.
We stayed in a house last year but since we are both airline captains we are trying to save money. Do you know how to make copper wire? Drop a penney between two airline captains. :D

Hi Aggie Dad, DH and I have stayed at Caribe Blu a few times. The one benefit this hotel has is that the property has a dedicated dive pier. We get up in the AM, sit on our balcony with our binoculars and look for Shamu, Chrisiti's boat. Actually, now it could be either Shamu or Bandida. By the time we walk down from your room, the boat is pulling up to the pier, we jump on and off we go. We do enjoy the hotel, yes, it's VERY SIMPLE...but we like it that way. No fuss you know? We have never stayed at the Mexicana, but do hear good things about it. Enjoy your time in Coz, Sue and Mike...your friendly Aggie neighbors from Cedar Park. :thumbs_up GIG EM !!

AggieDad:
Two hotels we are looking at are Casa Mexicana and Caribe Blue.
I've stayed at both... I like each of them for different reasons. Christi will pick you up at either. You can't go wrong with either choice. Yes, Casa Mexicana is "nicer" but Caribe Blu has it's own rustic charms.

Pros (Casa Mexicana) - Breakfast buffet rocks!, close enough to walk to most everything, What you pay extra in room fees will easily equal what you would pay in taxi fares from other locations. In room internet and computers in lobby
Pros (Caribe blu) - On the water, has a pool, out of town so a bit less hustle & bustle, wi-fi in lobby. Shore dives are a possiblilty. It is really nice to get of the boat and go directly to your room.

Cons - neither has a proper beach

My trip reports below go into a bit more detail about the 2 hotels... well at least the 2006 one does :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom