Scuba Mag's Reader Ratings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedHead

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got my copy of Scuba today and saw the Reader's Ratings for Cozumel Dive Ops. Unbelievable! Where's Blue XT or Liquid Blue? What about Living Underwater? I cannot believe that Aqua Safari came in 2nd. I do agree with Aldora (since that is my main dive operation). But Dive House? Ewwww.

TheRedHead:
Just got my copy of Scuba today and saw the Reader's Ratings for Cozumel Dive Ops. Unbelievable! Where's Blue XT or Liquid Blue? What about Living Underwater? I cannot believe that Aqua Safari came in 2nd. I do agree with Aldora (since that is my main dive operation). But Dive House? Ewwww.

We don't pay for advertising in the mag...same way it worked when it was Rodales. Take those with a grain of salt. Not saying that the ops listed aren't good ops, just that the listing is far from exhaustive or inclusive.

Notice that some of the operators got not so good ratings but all the comments were all positive?

I think that ScubaDiving Magazine wants readers to think that all the operators are great because publishing positive reviews means they can pinch the operators for advertising. I've been to some of the places they have reviewed in the past and can say that their reviews were "way off" at some times.

Have you noticed that Scuba Diving magazine has a "new magazine" out for new divers? I think it's called "Dive Into Adventure" (with ADVENTURE being the biggest word in the title). I guess they are trying to compete with Dive Training as they are giving it away at dive shops for free.

My review of it is that it's more of a "canned" presentation to "pump" diving and diving/equipment sales to new divers. pick one up at your LDs if you need some bathroom reading material.

Fish_Whisperer:
I hate Scuba Magazine. I can't wait until my subscription expires. Hrmph...

I'm not renewing my subscription, either. SSDD!

(operators)
Aldora Divers 96.5 overall
Aqua Safari 95.8
Dive House Coz 84.3
Dive Paradise 83.1
Dive w/Martin 89.3
Papa Hog's 88.7
Sand Dollar 81.2
Scuba Coz 89.3
Scuba Du 89.6
(no other ops rated)

(resorts)
Fiesta Americana 80.8
Hotel Coz 68.6
Iberostar 76.2
Presidente 84.1
Reef Club 61.7
Scuba Club 84.6

I noticed that Hawaii always gets the same operators featured year after year.....

Back
Top Bottom