Cozumel May 2006; Occidental Grand/Blue X T-Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Squeekycat

Registered
Reaction score
WOW!! The Occidental Grand is in really good condition. It’s hard to imagine that a major hurricane went through there several months ago. And the diving was great! We didn’t go into town, so I can’t comment on the condition of things there.

OCCIDENTAL GRAND: Our room was very clean, and didn’t smell musty at all. The outside of the buildings were all freshly painted, and the roof tiles were new. The vegetation looked great except for a few dead trees. The food was very good, and the staff was very attentive. The 2 pools were really clean, and the beach seemed wider than the last time we were there, with more hooches added for shade. We would highly recommend the Occidental Grand for anyone looking for an all inclusive. The only drawback for some might be the far ride to town – it costs about $15.00 one way.

BLUE XT SEA: This was our 6th trip diving with Christi. Another great experience! A boat from Christi’s fleet picked us up at our pier at 8:30 each morning. As usual, her captains and dive masters were very professional and attentive. We dove all of the sites requested, including Punta Sur. The surface intervals were on the beach, lasted about an hour and a half. And as usual, Christi provided yummy snacks and juice. Oh, and towels too! There were never more than 6 total divers on the boat, and all of the people we dove with were great! It goes without saying, we highly recommend Christi’s operation to anyone.

The reefs are in much better condition than we expected. There is some sand on them, but hey, what do you expect after a major hurricane. We were not disappointed at all. We saw plenty of fish on the reefs, including, but not limited to lobsters, crabs, groupers, angel fish, nurse shark, huge turtles, barracuda, eels, spotted eagle rays, sting rays, parrot fish, schools of other fish, and many, many more. The hurricane seems to have created more swim thrus, or made the existing ones bigger.

We’re already planning our next trip back to Christi’s island, later this year. We can’t wait!!

Chris & Mario.

Hi Chris -
Nice report. Thanks for posting it. Glad to hear you had a great time.
Mario - the husband.

Hi Chris & Mario,
I second the trip report about Blue XT-Sea. It was our first trip with Christi, and we were impressed wioth every aspect of the dive operation. Christi was especially attentive in putting divers with the same levels of experience on the same boats. We dove with great people all week. In case you don't remember, I'm the Divemaster from WPB, come on down sometime.
Doug Hubbard

DMdoogie:
Hi Chris & Mario,
I second the trip report about Blue XT-Sea. It was our first trip with Christi, and we were impressed wioth every aspect of the dive operation. Christi was especially attentive in putting divers with the same levels of experience on the same boats. We dove with great people all week. In case you don't remember, I'm the Divemaster from WPB, come on down sometime.
Doug Hubbard

Hey Doug,

Are you the same Doug that worked on Abernathy's boats before they had two of them smashed a couple of years ago? I came down to West Palm Beach one time and dove with a "Doug".

Matt

DMdoogie:
....In case you don't remember, I'm the Divemaster from WPB, come on down sometime. Doug Hubbard

Hi Doug!
Of course Mario and I remember you and Cynthia. We had a great time diving with you guys. We did some really neat dive sites with you guys - especially the dive at Punta Sur. Hey, how was the devil's throat dive that you did the day we left? Not fair!!

Oh, and Mario forgot the name of the dive shop you told him about, where he could get a backplate and wings like you have. Do you recall who you told him had the best prices?

Chris.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom