Pirate's Dive the Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Num1Pirate

Registered
Reaction score
Just back and got photos straight from the trip. Click here Good year for Splendid Toad Fish, Great year for turtles. Much more debris in the water but vis was still 70-80 ft. Some of the scatter is from sand but most is bio. I think the small life is taking back the reef. Had a pod of bottle nose come in as we were recovering divers on the 17th of May. To rough for them to let us back in the water with the cameras. Fortunately we had one of the divers in the water with a video camera. The footage rocks, man they are fast. Trip of a lifetime. Don't worry about the hurricane damage, they have 90% of the hotels back up in better than ever condition. Some of the sites are shallower due to sand, but a great dive trip.

More Photos soon at Ocean Sands Scuba

Num1Pirate:
Just back and got photos straight from the trip. Click here Good year for Splendid Toad Fish, Great year for turtles. Much more debris in the water but vis was still 70-80 ft. Some of the scatter is from sand but most is bio. I think the small life is taking back the reef. Had a pod of bottle nose come in as we were recovering divers on the 17th of May. To rough for them to let us back in the water with the cameras. Fortunately we had one of the divers in the water with a video camera. The footage rocks, man they are fast. Trip of a lifetime. Don't worry about the hurricane damage, they have 90% of the hotels back up in better than ever condition. Some of the sites are shallower due to sand, but a great dive trip.

More Photos soon at Ocean Sands Scuba

Great pics pirate. Looks like one of my trips. Could you tell me where you found the Green Moray. Haven't seen one in a while. Thanks.

Splendid, indeed!

Nice pictures but please tell me I am wrong at what I appear to see in your two sets of Splendid Toadfish pictures. In the first set of 6 pictures it appears that some sort of black stick shaped object was used to "coax" the Splendid Toadfish out of his home for your pictures. That first picture shows the stick with sand stirred up above his tail. The second picture shows him going away. Then again after those first 6 pictures, there's a single 7th picture with a gray colored stick type of object "steering" the Toadfish in the direction that would make for a better head shot for the camera. Please tell me I'm seeing things and that you're not poking around down there to get a better shot. I've seen and photographed a lot of Toadfishes, but not often in those views. They like to look out of their homes without being poked at. If I'm all wrong here I apologize, but please tell me what the black or gray stick in those two pictures was. :confused: :jpshakehe

divematt:
Nice pictures but please tell me I am wrong at what I appear to see in your two sets of Splendid Toadfish pictures. In the first set of 6 pictures it appears that some sort of black stick shaped object was used to "coax" the Splendid Toadfish out of his home for your pictures. That first picture shows the stick with sand stirred up above his tail. The second picture shows him going away. Then again after those first 6 pictures, there's a single 7th picture with a gray colored stick type of object "steering" the Toadfish in the direction that would make for a better head shot for the camera. Please tell me I'm seeing things and that you're not poking around down there to get a better shot. I've seen and photographed a lot of Toadfishes, but not often in those views. They like to look out of their homes without being poked at. If I'm all wrong here I apologize, but please tell me what the black or gray stick in those two pictures was. :confused: :jpshakehe

I noticed the same thing Matt, thank you for pointing it out.

DSC08584.JPG

DSC08517.JPG

Looks damn suspicious to me.....why is it people feel the needto touch stuff in the water or interfere with nature? It drives me nuts every time I see someone trying to *pet* a damn turtle or *rub* a moray or cop a feel on that sleeping nurse shark. GAH!!!

The DM's need to do a better job on their pre-dive briefings to stress to the idiots who cant contain themselves to NOT TOUCH THE WILD LIFE. And then smack them in the back of the head if they catch them doing it on the dive..... :evil:

PS - the stick very well could have been weilded by someone else, like a DM maybe....I hope Pirate can explain whther or not this is a man made item or the elusive "metal stick fish".

Brules:
DSC08584.JPG

DSC08517.JPG

Looks damn suspicious to me.....why is it people feel the needto touch stuff in the water or interfere with nature? It drives me nuts every time I see someone trying to *pet* a damn turtle or *rub* a moray or cop a feel on that sleeping nurse shark. GAH!!!

The DM's need to do a better job on their pre-dive briefings to stress to the idiots who cant contain themselves to NOT TOUCH THE WILD LIFE. And then smack them in the back of the head if they catch them doing it on the dive..... :evil:

PS - the stick very well could have been weilded by someone else, like a DM maybe....I hope Pirate can explain whther or not this is a man made item or the elusive "metal stick fish".

Unacceptable whoever it is, moreso if it was the DM.

Back
Top Bottom