Summer Weather in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoCalOffshore

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been several times to Cozumel, but never in the summer. How is the weather late July, early August? Thanks for any info.

SoCalOffshore:
I have been several times to Cozumel, but never in the summer. How is the weather late July, early August? Thanks for any info.

I can't think of a hotter time!:furious: :furious: :furious:

In August, the water temp will be ~84 degrees. The air temp will be ~90 degrees. Humidity will be ~90%. The odd shower or rain storm may blow through once every week or so. It is hurricane season, but there have only been three strikes on the island since 1988, unfortunately, two of them were last year.

I was there in August of last year. It was hot, but not as hot as Texas in August. It just depends on what you're used to......

I went in August about 5-6 years ago and the weather was unseasonably cool. Mind you, we did our share of sweating, but there were several boat dives where we were actually cold coming back in. There was rain each day, several of them not quickie showers either. I think your answer may depend on whats going on in the overall Caribbean weather picture that year or season.

It's hot for sure, but depending on your heat tolerabce level, you may or may not be miserable. But, there is a difference in being miserable at home and miserbale in mexico, on the beach drinking a cold sol with your feet buried in the sand......at that point, the heat starts to become QUITE tolerable! :) :) :)

SoCalOffshore:
HOT HOT HOT drink plenty of water, take a mister to keep yourself cool and wear light colored and thin clothing . Stay in the water and it will be fine. Thats what I do when there in August. We were there in August last year and stayed in the water alot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom