June 23 - July 2 - Anyone else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowboyneal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Dinners, dives, lunches, Chedraui, whatever?

No one? I am also setting up a couple adventures on fast boats: one trip - 3 tanks leaving early (before all the boats are out there) to do the first dive at Chun Chakab (between Punta Sur and Maricaibo), then the second at Punta Sur and then a third dive somewhere closer in...the great thing about this is we're out to the far south very early, and by ourselves, and then get to Punta Sur after the morning dives there are over...the third dive is a gift...second trip is going to be to Devil's Throat and Cathedral, with a second dive at "boat's choice."

I am still open as to the exact dates of both, but they are also going to be selling the 2 trips at the DP office (so first people to commit will call the exact date). I would prefer to do one or the other on the 25th of June, and then the other one any time between the 26th and July 1st (any day is fine). I'll be better able to peg the dates when we get some people. Fast boats, Dive Paradise. Interested?

cowboyneal:
No one? I am also setting up a couple adventures on fast boats: one trip - 3 tanks leaving early (before all the boats are out there) to do the first dive at Chun Chakab (between Punta Sur and Maricaibo), then the second at Punta Sur and then a third dive somewhere closer in...the great thing about this is we're out to the far south very early, and by ourselves, and then get to Punta Sur after the morning dives there are over...the third dive is a gift...second trip is going to be to Devil's Throat and Cathedral, with a second dive at "boat's choice."

I am still open as to the exact dates of both, but they are also going to be selling the 2 trips at the DP office (so first people to commit will call the exact date). I would prefer to do one or the other on the 25th of June, and then the other one any time between the 26th and July 1st (any day is fine). I'll be better able to peg the dates when we get some people. Fast boats, Dive Paradise. Interested?

You are planning to do an 80 foot dive followed by a 125 foot dive?

Uhhhh...no...since when do you only go 80 feet at Chun Chakab (aka Chun Ka Chaab, I think, but I always spelled it the first way), and as long as you aren't doing "Devils Throat," where are you going to 125 feet at Punta Sur (which has several dive sites, not only Devil's Throat)?

The first trip (three dives) is going to start off with 2 deeper variety dives: that's what computers and surface intervals are for...Chun Chakab is 90-120 feet, as is the majority of Punta Sur (Devil's Throat being more commonly referred to in the old days as Punta Sur II) and it (plain old Punta Sur) is the same variable depth, 90-120 feet. I think the advanced divers out there can handle that, as we've been doing those 2 dives for years, and no one has ended up in Cuba yet! The third dive will be at one of the shallower sites.

On the 2 dive day, that's Devil's Throat time (to 125 feet) with a second, shallower dive at "boat's choice."

There you have it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom