Trip Report: Cozumel Palace/Blue XT Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the report James. We're heading there on Saturday, and will also be diving with Blue XT~Sea.

Nice report James!

We were there a week or so before you, and we dove with BXTS as well. I haven't written a report, but I would concur with all of your observations! Including dinner at Especias where we also had the incredible shrimp dish!!

We did 14 dives with BXTS. Christi and her crew with Mago, Pedro, and Arturo are first class!

After bumping into you for a few minutes in Akumal last year, I am sure that one of these days we will get some dives in together with BXTS in Coz!!!

Thanks James. I can't believe you didn't make Casa Dennis..but it's understandable. I think I'm ready to go back to Coz. It's been 6 months. :)

Natasha:
Thanks James. I can't believe you didn't make Casa Dennis..but it's understandable. I think I'm ready to go back to Coz. It's been 6 months. :)

Tell me about it. 1 hour cheap flight... My wife is finally considering a move from hell, aka STL, but no opportunities for her in HOU. I know I could get hired there in a flash but we both are big contributors to the family income so we have to consider places where we both can work. :(

Oh well... I can say this, relaxing after our Chen Rio meal she said: "I'd like to make this our regular family vacation and come here every year." I literally laughed out loud because I've been saying that for 5 years now.

James

I checked out the rooms at Cozumel Palace while I was in Cozumel last week. Yes, next time if you are going to stay somewhere like that, leave the baby at home for grandparent bonding! What did you manage to work out for babysitting (if anything)? It is a beautiful property but, like you, I enjoy several of the restaurants in town for the evening and if I was staying at the Palace I would feel compelled to get my money's worth.

My last evening I went to Especias. I was alone so I didn't go earlier the trip since it's a small place and I thought I would feel like the odd one out. I went about 8pm so there were only a few people there. I sat out on the deck and it was really nice. The couple at the table next to me started a conversation with me about diving (it was there first night and they asked if I had been diving), and as always, Adrian is just such a nice, sincere and genuine person that it would be hard to not enjoy a meal at his restaurant.

scubawife:
What did you manage to work out for babysitting (if anything)?

We used the hotel's babysitting 3 times so Rita could dive. They were night hostesses from the restraunts. We met them before hand and they were both very nice and responsible.

James

I got sick for 3 days once after eating at Casa Denis...never again...Especias is my favorite, and I count Adrian as a friend I have eaten in his restaurant so many times! I can't wait to check out his new location! June 23 is coming fast!!!!!

Great report James, and a good summary of all your experiences!

BTW, it took me a while to realize why Reef Club looks different, too. All the big trees are gone whereas most of the hotel used to be hidden by trees. I'm not sure if all the buildings used to be white or not, but that could be another difference.

cxg31s:
Great report James, and a good summary of all your experiences!

BTW, it took me a while to realize why Reef Club looks different, too. All the big trees are gone whereas most of the hotel used to be hidden by trees. I'm not sure if all the buildings used to be white or not, but that could be another difference.

Another diff is that there is a lot more of it now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom