Trip Report: Blue XT~Sea/Hotel Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wonderful trip report and stellar shots :)
My list of places to go gets longer by the day :D :)

Great report Jeff! Incredible photos, and nice site details. Even a good restaurant list/review. Thanks for taking the time to pass on the info. Congratulations to you and Mia, and best wishes for your future together.

Nice report and thanks for posting it, the photo of the sand diver was interesting, I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for one when I am there in July!

Nice report and great photos, Jeff. I just got back from my 3rd post-Wilma trip and I have to agree that the improvements underwater from Feb to now are very evident. We thought it looked better in Feb then in Dec, but this time was even more noticable. It will take many, many years to recover but it's so good to see all the new sponge buds and such an abundant variety of marine life!

The dive shop that shall remain nameless dumped their discover scuba and beginner diver masses on us at Columbia Shallows. TWO big boats worth of them. We spent the last 30 min (of what was a great dive checking out all the nooks and crannies) playing dodge the diver. We even had a pair who was ready to ascend with us and seemed a bit miffed when our DM pointed them in the direction of their group.

Nothin' like a "quickie" to make one happy!
Best on your nuptials. How can you go wrong on Coz?
I'm off to see what some last-minute flights look like!

Great shots and report! What kind of camera rig up you using there?

cowboyneal:
Great shots and report! What kind of camera rig up you using there?
Thanks, I have an Olympus 5060 & Inon D2000 strobe. The difference this trip is that I started fiddling with the settings, mostly using Aperture or Shutter priority to figure out which way i would need to go with the settings. if need be then i would go into full Manual mode to tweek it a bit more. I have a looong way to go but Christi gave me some valuable pointers and I'll be diving with Alcina next month so I'm psyched!
alcina:
And it's a goodie!

Looking forward to seeing you in July!
As mentioned above, looking forward to seeing you too!
scubawife:
The dive shop that shall remain nameless dumped their discover scuba and beginner diver masses on us at Columbia Shallows. TWO big boats worth of them. We spent the last 30 min (of what was a great dive checking out all the nooks and crannies) playing dodge the diver.

Yep, there were 28 of them... we finally gave up and called the dive. With that many of them you just couldn't escape. The worst was the woman walking on her knees in the sand... W.T.F.? Why? :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom