Aquatic Sports on Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubbly

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has dived with Aquatic Sports (Sergio Sandoval's outfit). We'll be in Coz (for the first time) on June 26-28 staying at the Hotel Flamingo, and Aquatic Sports is their preferred provider. Not sure if we should stick with Aquatic Sports or find another (better?) operator.

Thanks for the recommendation. It looks like Blue XT Sea is just about everyone's favorite. But, unfortunately, they're booked for the time we're there. Next time though!

Bubbly:
I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has dived with Aquatic Sports (Sergio Sandoval's outfit). We'll be in Coz (for the first time) on June 26-28 staying at the Hotel Flamingo, and Aquatic Sports is their preferred provider. Not sure if we should stick with Aquatic Sports or find another (better?) operator.

Do a search on the board and you can see if there's any info on them here.

There are many great dive shops in Cozumel. If you note what you're looking for - small boat, big boat, experience level, if you want steel tanks, type of diving you want to do, if you want to stay in a specific price range, etc., you'll get different suggestions.

Thanks! I did do a pretty exhaustive search and didn't turn up much on them (though there's plenty of scoop on lots of other dive ops there). So I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Was hoping someone had some direct experience. (My husband and I are still under 20 logged dives and the friends going with us will have just been certified. So we probably want a smaller boat with specialized attention. Price doesn't matter as much as safety.)

Bubbly, if you do a Google search with Sergio's name and one with the dive op + cozumel, you'll get some comments from other boards within the past two years.

Just because the dive shop isn't mentioned often here doesn't mean they aren't good. If Aqua Sports sounds good for you and you are happy with the package you are getting offered, go for it. I don't think they'd have lasted for 30yrs if they weren't good. Worst case would be that you decide they aren't for you and you spend the afternoon calling or going to other shops to find someone you like better for the remainder of your trip.

If you want to check out some other options for comparison, I've heard many new divers give Alison rave reviews. www.scubawithalison.com I haven't dived with her but I did meet her breifly last week and she was a very nice person and had a some newly certified very happy divers with her.

A couple I met on the Ferry with about the same experience as you was doing their second trip to Cozumel and they dive with Bottom Time Divers www.bottomtimedivers.net. Their friends had just done a week with Blue Bubbles www.bluebubble.com and were very pleased.

I have not used these shops personally but they have all had favorable reviews here and on othe dive boards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom