My Cozumel experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We went to Cozumel in May. This was our second visit to the island. Our first trip was in 2004. We enjoyed ourselves, after all we were on vacation. That being said, Cozumel sure isn't what it was before Wilma. Damage to the reefs is extensive. It's not something you have to look for, it's everywhere. It's sad, really. I would have placed Cozumel somewhere at the top of all the places we have been diving (Bonaire, Curacao, Grand Cayman, Roatan, Jamaica) before this trip. Now all I can say is it is still better than Jamaica. Everywhere else we have been has it beat hands down. Oh well, Fiji in the fall!!!

I was there in April. What he says is true. Why pounce on him for telling it like he sees it. Maui in the fall for us. We will try Cozumel again next spring.

I was down there in December. Some sites not affected much and others covered with sand. Just depends on where the boat takes you.

Of course, everyone with something other than a glowing review must be a troll. Grow up.

Love Cozumel...before or after hurricance. It's all good.

stangscuba98a:
Love Cozumel...before or after hurricance. It's all good.

Ditto!

Back
Top Bottom