Pro Mex Dive and Playa Azul hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chocoholic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi;
We are considering staying at Playa Azul hotel for the golf inclusive and diving with their on-site shop Pro Dive Mex. I would appreciate any input on either of these. I am also considering diving with Christie of Blue XT Sea too, but the ProdiveMex OP is right in the hotel which is so convenient. Does anyone know if these shops would be diving completely different areas due to their location on Cozumel?
Pro Dive Mexico also has another shop in the Playa del Carmen area and I am thinking of diving with them in Akumal when we are there. We are planning to go to Cozumel for a week in January and then four days in the PDC area, most likely Akumal.
Thanks again. Choco

I stayed at Playa Azul the first time I went to Coz. Nice beach in front for snorkelling and a nice hotel but kind of far from anything. I'd think about renting a car (we didn't and probably didn't enjoy as much of the local food in town as I've come to enjoy in later trips when I stayed in town). Sorry, they were between dive ops when I stayed there so booked with Living Underwater. I imagine the local op would be more inclined to dive the more northern sites - you should check with them to see if they'd do the more southern sites (Columbia, Chunchacab) at no extra cost.

Sorry, can't help you with Pro Dive Mex in Cozumel, but if you are planning on also staying in Akumal, there are 3 good shops there - Akumal Dive Adventures, Akumal Dive Shop and Akumal Dive Center. It wouldn't make much sense to drive at least 30 min each way to use a PDC shop when the dive sites are only a 10 min or less boat ride from shore in Akumal.

Choco: as long as you are going to the mainland, I thought you should know about this:

http://ahcacao.com/

A chocolate cafe in Playa del Carmen. They make their own chocolate from beans grown regionally. As a BIG FAN of fine chocolate myself, I make a point of buying a dark chocolate bar or two when I get over there. I swear when I place a piece of their dark chocolate in my mouth, I can feel it down to my toes!

Enjoy!

Sally
Barefoot in Cozumel

Coz Sally:
Choco: as long as you are going to the mainland, I thought you should know about this:

http://ahcacao.com/

A chocolate cafe in Playa del Carmen. They make their own chocolate from beans grown regionally. As a BIG FAN of fine chocolate myself, I make a point of buying a dark chocolate bar or two when I get over there. I swear when I place a piece of their dark chocolate in my mouth, I can feel it down to my toes!

Enjoy!

Sally
Barefoot in Cozumel
I have to find that place and check out their chocolate, Thanks.:sappy:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom