June 23 - July 2 - Anyone else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowboyneal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I feel like the cast-out "Tweener"...lol...

Anyone?

cowboyneal,
i will be in cozumel june 24 - july 1 with my family.
we are staying at casa del mar.
have not picked out a dive op yet.
my son says he won't be diving so i'm going to wing it.
regards,

The wife and I will be at Hotel Cozumel diving with Dive Paradise for the weekend. Can't wait!

I'll see you there! Also diving with DP (fast boats)...

The wife and I will be there June 24 to 28 staying at the Messon downtown. Diving with Christi. Would love to meet up with folks for a cool one or so or so or so

We are arriving on the 23rd and have a fast boat booked for the afternoon 2 tank dive. They typically put 4-6 per, so maybe we see you there. The other days we're diving with some friends from Dallas. They have a full boat and some less experienced divers, so the 23rd is our only opportunity to dive any sites aother than novice/intermediate. They're all good! We just want to make bubbles and look at the pretty fish.

My husband and I will be in coz June 24-July 1, diving with Dive Paradise too! I've been looking at the forecast on weather.com, and there's lots of isolated thunderstorms and showers forecasted. Is our diving doomed, or is this the normal summer afternoon showers that they always get in cozumel? We want to be sure we'll get in lots of dives and see the sun too!!!

DenverDiverErin:
My husband and I will be in coz June 24-July 1, diving with Dive Paradise too! I've been looking at the forecast on weather.com, and there's lots of isolated thunderstorms and showers forecasted. Is our diving doomed, or is this the normal summer afternoon showers that they always get in cozumel? We want to be sure we'll get in lots of dives and see the sun too!!!

Not to worry; I don't even look at that stuff any more. Last year, the wunderground site predicted "thunderstorms" or "chance of a thunderstorm" for every day we were there (2 weeks). It rained twice, one day before dawn, and another time in the middle of the day for about 15 minutes. It's the "rainy season", and little T-storm cells pop up from time to time, but they are generally small and fast moving (unless, of course, something Tropical moves in, but overall, that's not that common). Rain alone will not stop the diving anyway; it's only if there is a lot of wind and/or lightning that you'll have a problem, and that's not the norm.

Don't worry, be happy...

Don't worry about the weather! It will be great! Want to do some advanced dives? We have 2 EDP trips (see dive paradise site for what that means) going out that week if you want to come with! Let me know...CN

Back
Top Bottom