What to bring, besides myself

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divekim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there anything special I need to bring with me for diving Cozumel? I know lights for night diving. 3mil wetsuit because I tend to get a little cold. All my basic gear.

Is there anything you bring to Cozumel beyond the norm?

By the way, you guys have gotten me so excited about my trip I can't stand it:10:

Kim

• A hat with a really wide brim
  • Cash

divekim:
Is there anything special I need to bring with me for diving Cozumel? I know lights for night diving. 3mil wetsuit because I tend to get a little cold. All my basic gear.

Is there anything you bring to Cozumel beyond the norm?

By the way, you guys have gotten me so excited about my trip I can't stand it:10:

Kim

You might want to print out Christy's Restaurant list for a good selection of places to eat.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

2 swimsuits so you can rotate them out daily. Good waterproof sunscreen applied at least 20 minutes prior to sun and water.

Be sure to have a safety sausage. With drift diving, you can find yourself floating on the surface waiting for the boat to pick you up, so it's good to have something that makes you visible to the numerous boats in the area.

Bring a big :D , cause you will have a great time diving!

We have mesh duffel bags for our gear as our dive op takes care of our BC's, weights, and fins. We have a mesh shoulder tote to take our skins, booties and masks with us for rinsing. We also each take a small dry bag for personal stuff you may need to use on the boat. There isn't a lot of room for big bags on the small dive boats.

I think everyone covered the essentials, so I have a tip once you get there. Go to one of the local supermarkets like Chedraui to stock up on snacks, water, drinks, etc. You'll save some denero going that route rather than dealing with the shops that the cruise shippers frequent.

In addition to a safety sausage, your kit should have a whistle, signal mirror, and Dive Alert. We found ourselves in 4-5 foot waves when we surfaced at Maracaibo, and the captain couldn't see us. I hit my Dive Alert for a couple of ear-piercing blasts, and he was able to find us floating in the swells. The DM's surface marker was useless in those conditions. The Dive Alert is definitely a must have for drift diving.

We lived by Christi's restaurant list, and are glad we did.......... have a great trip.

Hope this helps.

Dramamine; swim ear; bandades; sunglasses; a hat; pepto bismol; a dry bag; lots of one dollar bills for tips. Only drink and brush your teeth with bottled water. Keep your mouth closed in the shower and dont bite your fingernails.

Also, make a list of everything you are bringing and check it off as you pack it so you don't leave anything behind.

You are going to have a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom