Best margaritas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I liked the ones you buy by the yard from Carlos and Charley's.

DiverG:
I know this is a subjective question, but which restraunt has the best margaritas in town?

Subjective is right. What do you mean by "best"?

ggunn, everyone has their own criteria for what they like. If there is a place that in your opinion has great margaritas just mention it, and maybe why you like them so much.

Me I'm easy to please, as long as they are nice and cold whether on the rocks or frozen works for me. Obviously I don't want rock gut liquor though. :)

I do seem to recall the margaritas at Casa Denis were pretty dang good, but I'm not a big drinker so I really haven't tried margaritas at many other establishments in Cozumel.

I like the margaritas at La Choza and for a frozen marg, Hogtown Cafe. I had a pretty good margarita at Especias as well. I prefer the daquari's at Casa Denis to their margaritas.

There is a little bar on Avenue 10 South - near Adolfo Rosado Salas (street.) It is a tiny place next to an Internet cafe. The Cuban guy that owns it makes the best margaritas and probably the only martinis in Cozumel. He makes a mean omelet on his little hot plate, too.

Have a great time in Cozumel. We love it there. We dive with Deep Blue. Time before last we did 17 dives with them. They started taking us to some really awesome places. Devil's throat & Little Cathedral, Miracaibo and Barracuda. Devil's throat is a cave that winds down from 70 feet to 125 feet. When you come out, you wall dive with the current to Little Cathedral where there is a 5' sponge cross. Miracaibo is simply beautiful and Barracuda reef is some fast current where you can see some big animals. Beware that your safety stop on that one is in open water when the reef runs out. :11:

:embarass: If you are on San Juan reef and find a nice Tag Heuer watch - please return it to my husband :D.

-S-

BTW - I just looked at your profile... Happy b-day to the both of us on the 13th. :D
-S-

smw:
:embarass: If you are on San Juan reef and find a nice Tag Heuer watch - please return it to my husband :D.

-S-

I don't know. I broke the band on my cheap less then $10 walmart watch. A Tag Heur would be a nice upgrade. :D

OR if you just can't wait, here's a recipe we use. We store it in the freezer, it makes a nice slushy.

Margaritas
22 ounces Montezuma or Aristocrat tequila (seriously, use the inexpensive stuff)
13 ounces Bol’s Triple Sec
24 ounces Daily’s Sweet Sour Mix (if you can’t find this, then don’t bother)
45 ounces water
1 ounce Rose’s Lime
Mix all ingredients together in a gallon jug. Makes a little less than one gallon.

Back
Top Bottom