Birthday celebration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverG

Reached My 2nd Goal!
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
If you were in Cozumel on your birthday where would you go to dinner, and why? There are so many great places it's going to be hard for me to chose one over the other.

That would be a hard choice.... but I have a thing for Coconuts.... However, we really didn't have a chance to go to every place on the island.... Next month we will try to hit up the places on Christi's list.

94GTStang:
That would be a hard choice.... but I have a thing for Coconuts.... However, we really didn't have a chance to go to every place on the island.... Next month we will try to hit up the places on Christi's list.

Coconuts closes pretty early, as do all the other places over on the east side. There's no electricity over there. Lunch, yes, but not dinner.

ggunn:
Coconuts closes pretty early, as do all the other places over on the east side. There's no electricity over there. Lunch, yes, but not dinner.
Then lunch at Coconuts, then somewhere upscale perhaps for dinner downtown.

If it were me, I would go to La Cocay--excellent food and service, and they definitely have a flair for special occasions!

2nd choice would be Especias again for excellent food and service, and Adrian really shows his guests a good time! :D

cxg31s:
If it were me, I would go to La Cocay--excellent food and service, and they definitely have a flair for special occasions!

2nd choice would be Especias again for excellent food and service, and Adrian really shows his guests a good time! :D

Both are great; another upscale spot is La Veranda, and of course there's Pepe's.

Lunch at Coconuts, of course.

Dinner would be a hard choice, Casa Denis, Especias, Primas, French Quarter, Guito's, Pancho's Backyard...but dessert would be definately be Island Passion Cake at the French Quarter with Coffee and Frangelico (sp?) to end it all.

My vote is Especias. Not typical Mexican and excellent.

sharky60:
Lunch at Coconuts, of course.

Dinner would be a hard choice, Casa Denis, Especias, Primas, French Quarter, Guito's, Pancho's Backyard...but dessert would be definately be Island Passion Cake at the French Quarter with Coffee and Frangelico (sp?) to end it all.

cxg31s:

I love Angie! We ALWAYS think alike! We actually went to La Cocay with Angie and Christi... when was that? Last Fall? We miss you girl, hopefully we'll see you soon. In May for sure. I still need to send you that pic of the ring...

Below is a cake (from Christi - thanks!) that La Cocay decorated when I asked my girlfriend to marry me... I'm sure they would do the same for a b-day dessert.
miascake.jpg

And... we decided to have our reception dinner at Especias when we get married in July. We know Adrian will do a fabulous job for us.

We will also make sure to go back to La Cocay at least once this trip, the food is excellent and they do take care of special requests very well.

I'd also consider Guido's... never seen them do a "special occasion" but I'm sure they would do a nice job. They have awesome food and Sangria.

Especias (and make sure to let Adrian know ahead of time that some is celebrating a birthday. I'm sure he would do something extra special for you)

Panchos Backyard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom