So how hard is it getting out of Coz now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstonedvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The last time I was in Coz was right after 9/11...and the Mexicans were all jacked up checking bags, telling people that they could'nt take this or that...I had to pack a macro finder in my checked baggage because it looked to much like a knife/weapon or something....I assume you still want to get to the airport before noon to avoid the rush?
Yarg

tstonedvr:
The last time I was in Coz was right after 9/11...and the Mexicans were all jacked up checking bags, telling people that they could'nt take this or that...I had to pack a macro finder in my checked baggage because it looked to much like a knife/weapon or something....I assume you still want to get to the airport before noon to avoid the rush?
Yarg

They are spot checking checked luggage rather than inspecting every piece, but there's still the carryon game that seems to change every time. This last time it was batteries; I was told that you are allowed two batteries of any size. They confiscated an 8 pack of AA's.

ggunn:
They are spot checking checked luggage rather than inspecting every piece, but there's still the carryon game that seems to change every time. This last time it was batteries; I was told that you are allowed two batteries of any size. They confiscated an 8 pack of AA's.

I just came back tues. 7/4. What was odd to me was you still have to press the red/green light after retrieving your luggage but no matter what color you get, red or green, you have to put your luggage through the X-Ray machine, which is still better than having to open it and go through it. Everything else was pretty much the same. I thought retrieving your luggage was faster before they installed the conveyor belts. They used to just bring it in and through it against the wall. Remember Gordon?

I went last weekend. I didn't have to use the x-ray machine when I got the green light. Only those with the red light had to do that when I was there. Leaving, the lines were long because two full to the gills flights were leaving for Dallas and Houston at right around the same time. They were searching probably one of every 6 or 8 people's bags, from my estimation. They did not search my carry-ons at the gate like in past trips. Just ran them through the x-ray on the way into the sala.

This past Dec. I had a small phillips head screwdriver in with my Nitrox analyzer and they took it. It was too late to put in my checked luggage because it was already gone. I'll have to be more careful on the trip coming up in Sept.

I too had some batteries taken. They counted the batteries in my camera. I had forgotten about those. I lost the C cells in my dive light. Pack our batteries in your checked bags on departure. Other than that no problem and the lines were short.

We were just in Cozumel a few weeks ago. I had 8 C's in a case, and they had no problems. They looked at it and didnt say a word.

I forgot my dive knife on the back of my guage console. I had it in my carry-on luggage. They were very nice about it. I just checked an additional bag.

Back
Top Bottom