Cozumel -- Dressel Divers @ Iberostar -- Specific Problems?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
COZUMEL -- DRESSEL DIVERS @ IBEROSTAR -- SPECIFIC PROBLEMS?

I find no LOVE for Dressel Divers on this forum (i.e. Should I Avoid Thread by Cherokee180c) or other forums. What specifically is the problem with Dressel Divers at the Iberostar in Cozumel??? Is it safety? What? I have a gig with them in a few weeks and I would like to know what to expect and what to watch for.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a while since my last trip to Coz where I stayed at Iberostar and naively thought Dressel was the only obvious choice of dive op since it was on site.

1. They reek of arrogance. We know diving, we dive all over the world, we know what all the ops charge, we're competitively priced. By the way, the woman who told me this was seen later taking the pool course and coughing up water.

2. Way overpriced. If I recall, a two tank trip was $75 with no real discounts for multiple bookings.

3. Cancelled my only shot at a night dive due to only 4 divers showing up. Up to this point I had only done one two tank dive.

I smartened up and used Papa Hogs for the rest of the vacation, superior service, 30% cheaper.

I guess they count on guests like me, somewhat a beginner at the time, naive, thinking it was the only game in town.

Bobby

I have done many dives with Dressel divers at the Iberostar. The do group you by experience last April our group of six to eight had one of there boats to ourselves and had a good time. We have never had any real problems with them. They do not go to places like the Devils Throat but it is easy to get an in town op to pick you up for that. Prices for last April $58.00 for a two tank dive with their twelve two tank package that can be shared with your buddy. The give a 10% discount ( $52.20 ) for cash and that price includes 32% Nitrox if you are certified.

bgillis:
I have done many dives with Dressel divers at the Iberostar. The do group you by experience last April our group of six to eight had one of there boats to ourselves and had a good time. We have never had any real problems with them. They do not go to places like the Devils Throat but it is easy to get an in town op to pick you up for that. Prices for last April $58.00 for a two tank dive with their twelve two tank package that can be shared with your buddy. The give a 10% discount ( $52.20 ) for cash and that price includes 32% Nitrox if you are certified.

Just FYI...I don't know of a single shop that will take anyone to Devils Throat or some of the other advanced sites without diving several days with them...so diving the week with Dressel and then getting another shop to take you to Devil's Throat, etc. is not sound advice. No disrespect intended, just a clarification.
so that people don't expect this.

Is there any problems with dive ops (other than Dressel) picking up from the Iberostar's pier?

As far as I know, many ops don't like picking up from there due to Iberostar hassling them. It's probably best to ask the shop.

Bobby

Back
Top Bottom