Cozumel! here we come

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ataman

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be in cozumel from 27th till 31st diving with dive paradise and staying at baracudda.. Is anyone going up there at the same? Anyone who knows the island and willing to show us good food ? :)

cheers!

Firat

What kind of food do you like?

well, I am from mediterrian ( love the food ) , but like anything that is not too spicy.

Take Neal's advise on whatever he recommends...he's been there done that.

Unless he's in a frisky mood. :D

Do a seach on thi Board for Christ's Restaurant List...oh, what the hell, here it is...you can't go wrong following this advice...I am parial to the higher end (Especias, La Cocay) but all these places are good...

Christi’s Restaurant List (in no particular order)

* right around $5 or less ** $5 to $15 * ** $10 to $15 **** $10 to $30+

**La Choza – Corner of Av. 10 and Adolpho Rosada Salas Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Yucatecan style Mexican food – Shrimp Chile Rellenos, and fajitas are among my favorites.

**Sonora Grill – Corner of Av. 15 and Benito Juarez. Open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner. Mexican Seafood and traditional fare. Sonora shrimp and garlic shrimp are my favorites.

**El Moro – back in the hood…just tell the taxi driver the name of the restaurant Open for lunch and dinner, closed on Thursdays. Traditional and local Mexican food with a great seafood selection. Consommé de Moro, shrimp on a wire, and Mole Enchiladas are my favorites. Try the fried bananas as a desert or appetizer.

*El Pique – Av. 30 between Benito Juarez and Calle 2 (across from San Francisco) Open 7 days a week for dinner only. My favorite taco stand. Tacos el Pastor or beef tacos with cheese, serape style

*Las Palmas (cocina economica) – corner of Av. 25 and Calle 3 Cheap eats for lunch only Monday through Saturday. My favorite is the Chicken Relleno.

*Chilangos – Av. 10 between Calle 11 and Calle 15 Open for lunch only Monday through Friday. Another cheap local eats place. Daily specials vary.

*Los Seras – Corner of Av. 30 and Calle 3 Open 7 days a week for dinner only. Another great taco place. Tacos al pastor are the best here.

*Camilo’s – Av 5 between Calle 2 and Calle 4 Open 7 days a week from 10:00am to 7:00pm. One of my very favorites! Seafood tacos and tortas. My favorites are the shrimp tacos or shrimp torta.

**** Guido’s – Main waterfront between Calle 6 and Calle 8 Open Monday through Saturday for lunch and dinner. Another favorite. Not to be missed. Excellent calzones, pizza, and I typically order the daily seafood special. .

**** French Quarter – Will reopen approximately January 15, 2006. Av. 5 between Adolpho Rosada Salas and Calle 3 Open 7 days a week for dinner only Great atmosphere. Steaks, seafood, Cajun style dishes. Orleans chicken and the pork tenderloin are my favorites here. .

*****La Cocay – A true culinary delight in a warm elegant setting. Calle 8 between Av. 10 & Av. 15.

***Especias – Calle 3 between Av. 5 & Av. 10. Open Monday through Saturday for dinner only. Adrian is one of the best hosts on the island. This is a fusion of Mexican/Argentenian and exotic flavors. My favorites are the cilantro fish or chicken, or Shrimp Zambal.

**Casa Denis – in the main square. Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner. One of the oldest restaurants in Cozumel. Shrimp fajitas or Enchiladas suizas.

*Coco’s – Av. 5 between 1st and Rosada Salas…just inside the south end of the square. Open for breakfast Tuesday through Sunday from 6:00 to 12:00. Closed September and October. Terri makes the best coffee on the island! My favorites are the taquitos, the Super Tacos, and the eggs Mexicana…really everything is GREAT!

**Rock-n-Java – Located on the waterfront just south of Punta Langosta mall (Carlos & Charlies). Open Monday through Sunday 7:00am until 10:00pm, close at 2:00 on Saturdays. GREAT spot for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Everything from eggs and bacon to gourmet pastas and vegetarian specialties. In my opinion, Lisa makes the very best Veggie burgers on the planet, even for the non-vegetarian!! Try the homemade breads and deserts too!

**La Mission ON 30th!! – NOT to be mistaken with La Mission downtown or Casa Mission – located on Av. 30 between Calle 2 and Calle 4, just north of the Super San Francisco grocery store. Open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner. True local and traditional Mexican food at a budget everyone can afford! My favorite is the Mexican combo plate!

Have fun! We just got back tonight!

For food... there is a chicken place across the street from the big dominos which is to die for. It's back way past the main street. There is a divided road that goes in front of it if that helps. They sell full roasted chickens with rice and salsa for $7....

And the above places to eat are great as well. But I will add in Coasta Brava which is by the parking lot of the Punta Langosta mall. They served great food as well

94GTStang:
Have fun! We just got back tonight!

For food... there is a chicken place across the street from the big dominos which is to die for. It's back way past the main street. There is a divided road that goes in front of it if that helps. They sell full roasted chickens with rice and salsa for $7....

And the above places to eat are great as well. But I will add in Coasta Brava which is by the parking lot of the Punta Langosta mall. They served great food as well

That chicken is awesome.... I agree. :D

Ooh, these places sound declicious.

(I am going to Coz with ataman, and so is S. starfish :D)

I'll write some of these places down.

And all I can say is...I AM SO EXCITED!

stangscuba98a:
That chicken is awesome.... I agree. :D
So you know which place I'm talking about?

My girlfriend and I both had a hard time trying to finish it off! When it started to rain, we just stood up under the umbrella and continued to eat! lol

I would also consider El Turix for a great and inexpensive restaurant serving Mayan type food. At Avenida 20 and Calle 17.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom