My first black tip in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmyersfam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just got back tonght from a quick four day trip to Coz and as usual it was a fabulous experience. We stayed at the Grand, which was our first time and it was beyond our expectations, and dove with Xtabay with Dario as our DM. My friend and I were the only ones booked with him for the two days, so for very little money it was like we had our own private charter. And his attention to detail, great service, and constant focus on our needs made it feel like one as well.

We dove "The Bricks" on our first dive on Friday. On the way out to the sight I was quizing Dario about the best places to see a shark other than a nurse shark. He stated the usual, Punta Sur and further South were the best bets, but it was still just a crap shoot with no sure things. We had not been in the water for 5 minutes until Dario gives an excited hand signal...and there it was. A black tip. This was not the tail of a nurse shark sticking out of the coral, and I was not watching Shark Week on the Discovery Channel...I was looking at this incredible creature with my own eyes! We were at about 90 ft. and it slipped away from us to about 140 and just circled waiting for us to leave, but at that point I could not have cared less! I had seen what I'd always wanted to see...The "Big Foot" of Cozumel.

We were going to go with our kids to Destin in August, but now I've got the fever and we're heading back to Coz, the Grand, and Xtabay. Maybe lightening will strike twice.

Jimmy
Austin

Saw my first Black tip in Bonaire many years ago. Awesome shark!

It's really cool when you see your first "real shark" as my wife says.

thankx Jimmy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom