Looking for info on Scuba Club Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

padi1029

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, has anyone every stayed at, and dived with, Scuba Club Cozumel? If you have I would appreciate your opinions on the resort, the food/restaurants, the diving they offer, and your experiences while there. Would you go back, would you stay elsewhere, would you skip Cozumel after the damage done by hurricanes and travel to another destination. I have an opportunity to go there this fall and before I say yes I would like to find out a bit more.
Thanks

jlyle:
I have a poorly formated version up that is readable:

Looks good to me !

I have only been to Cozumel twice and I would love to be able to get to the point that I can just find and see sea life like your pictures show. That is one reason I am going solo in September. :boings:

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks.

Nevis Diver:
Looks good to me !

I have only been to Cozumel twice and I would love to be able to get to the point that I can just find and see sea life like your pictures show. That is one reason I am going solo in September. :boings:

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks.

Thank you for your kind words. We are returning to SCC for two more weeks, August 5 -19. I'll try not to use up all the fun. :wink:

Jlyle - magnificent pics in your 'one day at a time'. Thanks for sharing.

PADI 1029 - I used SCC in 2004 before the hurricane last year - and loved it. From what I hear, it's just as good as it always was since the storm.

Mike Newman:
Jlyle - magnificent pics in your 'one day at a time'. Thanks for sharing.

PADI 1029 - I used SCC in 2004 before the hurricane last year - and loved it. From what I hear, it's just as good as it always was since the storm.

Thank you.

Just got back on July 21st. Had never been to Cozumel before, stayed at SCC, already planning next years trip.

I can't express enough the wonderful service at SCC. The divemasters, the hotel staff, the food, everything was incredible. The beds and pillows were a little hard and I will take my own pillow next year, but other than that not a single complaint.

My buddy and I had such an incredible time, 5 days of diving, 2-4 dives a day. We did our AOW while there which turned out to be quite a deal. Wreck dive, night dive, twilight dive, shore dives, devil's throat, only dove one of the reefs twice, other than that a different location for everydive.

The food was good, I was surprised that I got as many fresh fruits and vegetables as I eat at home. There was something different everyday. When we did a twilight/night boat dive we got back real late but Edgar met us at the pier to assure us dinner would be waiting for us.

I can't compare for you against other locations. I could tell there was broken coral littering the bottom. There is sand on the reef. But the amount of life to me was just incredible. Green sea turtles, seahorses, nurse sharks, 6 ft green eels, cleaner shrimp, lobster, fire worms, fire coral (yes still have the red mark on my hand), dozens of different types of fish all colors and sizes. The shore dives at night were just remarkable to see all the tiny versions of the fish you had seen in the morning on the boat.

Just my 2 cents.

Kim

jlyle,
My wife and I are going to be there(SCC)Aug. 5th-12th,it will be our third time to Coz but ar first time staying at SCC,we can't wait,12 days.Maybe we'll run across each other,we will be with a group from St.Louis.I also have heard nothing but good things about SCC,I like hard beds :D .
Lanny

heliflyer:
jlyle,
My wife and I are going to be there(SCC)Aug. 5th-12th,it will be our third time to Coz but ar first time staying at SCC,we can't wait,12 days.Maybe we'll run across each other,we will be with a group from St.Louis.I also have heard nothing but good things about SCC,I like hard beds :D .
Lanny

We will be with the California group!

Race you to the airport!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom