BurBunny, how was DeepExposure?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubawife

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Curious to hear about your dives with DeepExposure. I have not used them, but did see them at a dive show this Spring. And I saw their boat out a few days on my last trip. I know a few trimix and tech divers in the Northeast. They know I go to Cozumel a few times a year and are asking if I've heard anything about DeepExposure.

Thanks in advance for any info you wish to share!

Scubawife, I'd have no problem recommending DeepExposure for techies. I think the more DE is able to cater to that type of diver, the stronger the company will be.

Omar is their tech instructor/guru. Felt very comfortable with him. Safety oriented, definitely tech, but not to the point non-tech would feel out of place either. Loved the fact they have bp/w available to rent.

As for the boat, since you saw it, you know it's larger and slow. This does lend itself to nice, long SIs (good for the techs), and lots of social interaction. They do a very nice lunch onboard as well. At times, it felt like a party boat, but when it came time to diving, they went back to business. Good crew onboard.

Not a boat for someone looking for the fast 6-packs. But a company I'd be comfortable recommending for those wanting to do more technical sites, expand their tech knowledge, or just dive with a like-minded company.

The day I was on there were mostly brand new divers onboard. They also seemed to have a good experience, and the DMs/Instructors were very encouraging, giving them some good assistance between dives. I'd say those divers came away very pleased.

They still need to get their "niche" established. Right now, I'd send my clients who are either tech-oriented or looking for a very relaxed dive day. But maybe not my seious photogs who are most concerned with getting to the sites, going nice and slow and maximizing their time in recreational depths. But this is definitely a company eager to prove themselves and please, and look forward to seeing how they develop over the next year.

Thanks for the information! I'm not too sure a hard-core tech diver would be too happy with newbies in the group, but if they can make it work, that's great. Did you have techs onboard with you?

When they were at the dive shows I heard them telling techies that they were tech focussed and that was their market. Then a newly certified family (family with a 11yr old and older teen) came along and at the same time they told them they are the perfect dive operator for new divers. Huh? That was puzzling and I didn't see how they'd work it out.

It will be interesting to see if they can make it in that market or if they will end up being a more mainstream dive op. It will take alot of work to position Cozumel as a tech divers destination. But, it could be nice for techies diving families. Keep everyone happy.

Other than Omar and an instructor he was certifying, I was the closest thing to a tech onboard. Definitely not a tech run, but could see how they could set it up nicely with this boat and the knowledge and preferences they have.

Right now, it is a bit mixed with the new divers they had (and from your report - seeking). It's tough for a new company to cover costs, so they may just be trying to get bods onboard. I still feel they'll end up to be good to excellent for techs once the growing pains subside. In the meantime, they are taking good care of the newbies. Will be interesting to see how this all pans out. I wish them well!

Back
Top Bottom