Best Hotel For Diver/Non-Diver Combo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iamsharkbait

Registered
Reaction score
We are trying to plan a trip in October with a group friends, some divers and others beach lovers. I know the best beaches are the ones far south, but do any of the resorts like the Allegro or Reef Club have any beach left after the hurricane? The other option would be Hotel Cozumel, but there is no beach there I believe. All the packages involving these resorts seem to be AI. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

I have been to Hotel Cozumel and resort 3 times and loved it each time. Biggest pool on island and there is a small beach per say with about 30 lounge chairs to get sun. Reef club does have a nice beach but have not stayed there. You can walk to downtown from Hotel Coz and Resort. It takes 10 minutes at a normal pace.

If you want to be close to town, The Palace Resort(expensive), Casa Mexicana, and Hotel Cozumel would be good.

If you want AI with nice beaches, then the southern hotels are better. Occidental Grand, Iberostar, Reef Club, Allegro. Close to dive sites, far from town.

The El Cozumeleno, North of town, is good for both divers and non-divers.

iamsharkbait:
We are trying to plan a trip in October with a group friends, some divers and others beach lovers. I know the best beaches are the ones far south, but do any of the resorts like the Allegro or Reef Club have any beach left after the hurricane? The other option would be Hotel Cozumel, but there is no beach there I believe. All the packages involving these resorts seem to be AI. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

The Reef Club actually has a nice beach and has been almost completely redone since the hurricane. It is an all-inclusive, but you can usually find charter deals with air and hotel that are affordable enough to eat in town at least a few times as well.

Fiesta Americana would also be a good choice. They don't have a white sandy sloping beach into the water, but they do have a manmade beach area ON the water with easy access into the water. They offer the option of going AI or European (non-AI), but usually the AI option still pays for iteself even if you just do breakfast, lunch and beverages. The cab ride into town is ony $6 per cab from FA.

Either of the above would appeal to divers and non-divers alike...and I would rate oth of them 3 to 4 stars by American standards.

Have fun!

Reef Club still has a beach. The beaches are not like Florida. Most Coz beaches are long and narrow. From the Reef Club you can walk about 2 miles south on uninterupded beach. the beach varies from 10 t0 30 yards wide. Reef Club has spent 10 million in renovations since Wilma and just reopened in June. I will be there Oct 6-11 with my land lover wife. She enjoys her long walks in the morning while I'm out diving. See my private message.
Lou

Who might have the nicest beaches between Reef Club, Fiesta Am, Allegro and Occidental?

The Beach starts at the north end of the Reef Club and continues south, past Allegro and Occidental and also some beach clubs. No more than 30 yards wide at any point. Fiesta Am has no beach per say, but they do have a sand area. Fiesta hotel is a large hotel about 15 stories and is across the street from the water with a bridge or cross walk to get there. All the rooms face the water with best views if your on the 5th floor or higher. Reef, Allegro and Occidental are all smaller buildings with 2-4 units per floor and 2-3 stories high. Only a few units are on the beach but the entire resorts are on the beach side of the street.
Yes that is Christi from Bluextsea. I like to dive with her or Liquid Blue if Raul can't take me. I think the world of these people not only for the buisness side of diving but as people who will think of you as friends as well. Raul, www.bottomtimedivers.net, Christi, www.bluextseadivers.com, and Michealla and Roberto, www.liquidbluedivers.com have allways found a way for me to dive. They have limmited space on their boats and if the harbor master closes the port to small boats due to rough seas Michealla will charter a large boat if she has a large group.
Any of these operators will give you excellent service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom