Presidente Press Release - They're Upgrading!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BurBunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This press release crossed my desk today:

Grupo Presidente, operators of Presidente InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, will unveil a new luxury resort in Cozumel when the Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa debuts this October. The re-opening of the 220-room Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa, following an extensive $25 million redevelopment project, is seen as a major step by Grupo Presidente and is considered the beginning of the transformation and re-positioning of Cozumel as an up-market destination. The property will feature completely redesigned rooms and a new ocean suite category. All of the resort's 220 rooms and suites will boast widescreen plasma television sets, designer furnishings, and top-level amenities. The resort will feature experiential dive programs, a spa and golf putting green. The property is located on 1,000 feet of Cozumel's beach and is minutes from Palancar Reef, the largest barrier reef in the western hemisphere and the second largest barrier reef in the world. The resort will also feature a courtyard with retail shops; an Italian restaurant, Alfredo di Roma, as well as a more casual dining option, Caribeño Restaurant, featuring a bar and lounge area. A second "quiet" pool is being added and the resort's complimentary children's club, The Chiqui Club, will be available year-round.​

(Still not sure, though, that I believe the October date...)

There goes the neighborhood:D

I would be surprised by the Oct opening date as well....looked pretty bad when I was there in July...and only a few people I could see working but I was in a boat and not close to shore...

parrotheaddiver:

I would be surprised by the Oct opening date as well....looked pretty bad when I was there in July...and only a few people I could see working but I was in a boat and not close to shore...

That's what it looked like to me as well. Totally gutted with about 2 people working, they were getting glass in some rooms though.

James

BurBunny:
considered the beginning of the transformation and re-positioning of Cozumel as an up-market destination. [/INDENT]
(Still not sure, though, that I believe the October date...)

Looks like it's time to go to the other island.....
Anyone got info on Isla Mujeres ???

Ron

Ron Brandt:

Ron

I spent lots of time in Isla Mujeres in the 90's ...then the SCUBA addiction took hold and we headed south to Cozumel and Akumal. Isla is a great little place but the diving is no where near as good as Cozumel. It's also seen alot of development in recent years

The Presidente is a pretty large property and as I passed by it each day last week it had the appearance of being far from completion and little activity going on. But when you add up all the small groups of men here and there there were probably dozens of workers in view. And there's a whole other side of the property not visible from the waterfront. Plus there could be a hundred workers working on the inside and you wouldn't know it.

But I don't see any way it will be done by October.

parrotheaddiver:

It didn't say if they meant Oct '07 or Oct '08!

Ron Brandt:

Ron

No worries. The "upscale" clients will just stay in their room watching their plasma TV's. They won't bother the rest of us :).

James Goddard:
No worries. The "upscale" clients will just stay in their room watching their plasma TV's. They won't bother the rest of us :).

The hotel I always stay in (Caribe Blu, formerly Lorena, formerly La Perla) installed TV's in the rooms a few years ago. Not an improvement, IMO. But it's OK, I throw a towel over it and pretend that it's not there. ;^)

ggunn:
The hotel I always stay in (Caribe Blu, formerly Lorena, formerly La Perla) installed TV's in the rooms a few years ago. Not an improvement, IMO. But it's OK, I throw a towel over it and pretend that it's not there. ;^)

I'm with you gorden, they had the tvs in room, but cable was down still (last dec) and only thought I had about tvs was that I could use them as monitor for laptop, but no svid connection on them. I didn't miss the TV at all, much better to sit on patio downstairs (where I could connect to wireless net) and email pics back home to make buddies jealous while having a leon negro and occasionally a good cuban after returning from dinner in town.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom