Blue XT Sea Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AggieDad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just finished three days of diving with Christi and Blue XT Sea Diving. Great time and great people. We stayed at the Casa Mexicana and due to it's location, free breakfast etc. we only took one taxi all the time here. Definitely saved us a little money. This was only my second time in Cozumel and I now have a total of seven dives here. We dove Plancar Breaks on the first dive this morning and I have never experienced current like it was there. Sand was blowing off the hills between the coral and sometimes little tornados would form. It was also going down and I lost control for a minute and went down to 94 feet after Arturo set a limit of 80. I hate aluminum tanks but this was my problem. Vis was down to 50 feet or so but we saw the biggest turtle I have ever seen but he was smart and hunkered down behind a coral head. My buddy took a video just floating along and it looks like he is riding a scooter he is going so fast. Currents were weird all three days but I was told that it is somewhat normal this time of year.

All the reports I have seen here about Christi and her operation were true. She is moving into her new shop and pulling a lot of hours but she had a smile on her face and was very accomodating to a couple of crazy old pilots.
BTW, there is a little white building across the street and I think there is a small sign on it somewhere. Absolute best food I have eaten there. We didn't do breakfast but supposedly the pancakes and crepes are fantastic.

We offered to take the new kitten swimming with us - neither of us are cat people. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom