Live From Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leadweight

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
At this moment I am sitting at the No Name Bar, looking at the pool, very beautiful Karla the waitress, and the Cozumel channel. I am at the Barracuda and did my first 2 dives with Blue XT Sea. The seas are unusually calm. First dive was 59 minutes at Palanncar Gardens and we saw a small Black Tip shark, one huge crab, and a big mf of a Nurse shark having a nap. The reef looked nice and this dive ended primarily due to bottom time limits. There were only 4 divers and Pedro, the DM.

Second dive was 66 minutes at Cedral pass. We saw an Octopus, two turtles, and 5 or 6 huge lobsters, among other things. It is a bit sandy, but still good.

The boat was Shamu, a nice riding fast 27 foot with a Yamaha 200.

What else could you want?

-Ron

Sounds like you are having a good time. Drink one for me! Be coming down next month.....good diving to you!:D

P.S. How about a picture of Karla???

leadweight:
At this moment I am sitting at the No Name Bar, looking at the pool, very beautiful Karla the waitress, and the Cozumel channel. I am at the Barracuda and did my first 2 dives with Blue XT Sea. The seas are unusually calm. First dive was 59 minutes at Palanncar Gardens and we saw a small Black Tip shark, one huge crab, and a big mf of a Nurse shark having a nap. The reef looked nice and this dive ended primarily due to bottom time limits. There were only 4 divers and Pedro, the DM.

Second dive was 66 minutes at Cedral pass. We saw an Octopus, two turtles, and 5 or 6 huge lobsters, among other things. It is a bit sandy, but still good.

The boat was Shamu, a nice riding fast 27 foot with a Yamaha 200.

What else could you want?

-Ron

I could want to be there doing the posting and diving instead of sufferin' in the Texas heat here at home :wink: :jealous: :D

Glad your having a great time:), may be many months before I get back to Coz' :(
Get some pics if you can so I can vacation vicarously through you :D

You mean THIS Karla?? Yea, she's easy on the eyes.
detailfs

ckofabq:
detailfs

OOOOLLLLAAAAALAAAAA Karla.:D

ckofabq:
detailfs

interesting....I guess I am going to have to swing by the no name bar when I am down there.....oh yea did I mention there is only 13 days left before I am down there :) :eyebrow:

Yes, that photo is Karla. Plus there are several other cute girls behind the bar.

Today's dives were Devil's Throat 120'/56min. We went down the cavern, back up and down again. My aladin showed 1 minute of no stop time, someone with a Dive Rite Duo went into deco, and a gal with a Stinger said hers was at 0. three turtles on this one, the last at the very long safety (deco?) stop.

We followed that up with 72 minutes and 59 feet at Delila where we saw 2 very large nurse sharks at separate locations and a huge green turtle. It must have weighted 300 or 400 lbs.

Karla just showed up and she liked the picture. I emailed it to her. Monica said she took the picture. Both girls were thrilled.
Someone asked me about the Barracuda hotel. So far as the No Name bar is concerned it is the best hang out in Coz. The hotel itself is clean, but basic. There are TV's in the room if you care to watch, but no CNN or Fox News. Cooling is via window units. Rooms look out on the water, over the pool. Dive Paradise has a shop right there. Ma tresses are on the firm side. Look, it's not the Westin on 7 mile beach, all but those seeking luxury hotels will like it.

Karla just showed up and was thrilled with the picture. She had me email it to her. Monica (wings tattoo) said she took it.

I just got back today from diving with Christi this week. Has the current calmed down some? It was the strongest I have ever encountered but I don't have that much experience. We stayed at the Casa Mexicana and we felt that not having to use taxi's etc. actually saved money. We dove off the Bandida with Arturo and Adam (sp). We will be back soon.

Happy to hear the girls liked the picture. Monica, I understand, is quite the photographer. Sure looked like her composition was right on!
Yup, Barracuda is a great place to spend a week full of SI's.
Enjoy!
Craig-

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom