What is your favorite/best Cozumel Dive Op?

Best Cozumel Dive Op

• Blue XT Sea Diving

Votes: 45 31.7%
  • Aldora Divers

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Blue Angel Divers

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Dive with Martin

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Caribbean Divers

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Deep Blue Cozumel

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Scuba Du

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Liquid Blue

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dive Paradise

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • Bottom Time Divers

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • Black Shark

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Aqua Safari

Votes: 10 7.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, in the "bigger boats/resort affiliated" category, I would take Dive House over Scuba Du any day.

I tried to add them in, but the limit for the poll is 12. Hopefully people will provide lots of good feedback here and in time it will be a good thread for new folks to get info from.

IMHO it would be better to have a more specific poll as there are so many good operators in Coz. What's right for the type of diving I want to do it likely very much not suitable for another diver and so just seeing a "favourite" dive op poll won't be of much use unless you know what diving style each voter likes.

And as I have only dived there twice, and only with two different operators, it's very hard to have a valid "favourite". I expect I am not alone in my experiences...

Thank you Jarrett...I appreciate that. I really do :)

However, as I posted yesterday in another thread:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. There are many great shops in Cozumel and no one shop is THE BEST, because everyone has their own BEST and their own idea of what is best for them.

The beauty of Cozumel is that there is something for everyone. There are a handful of premium operators which will require you to pay a little more but you'll get some extra frills like towels, gear service, etc. There are a dozen or so ops that give great service without the extra frills at a lower price, and another dozen or so shops that will be your standard resort/resort area operator for those that are looking for the lowest prices (ie: large operations/high volume/big boats/basic service), and of course there are a few weeds in the bunch...but overall, if you know what you want, do your research and you can find a shop that you are comfortable with as far as price, service and ammenities. You can stay at the Four Seasons, Marriott, or Motel 6...and you can find the equivalent in diving...but don't expect to pay the same price for each level.

The most important thing is that you have a great time and come back for more :)

My personal first choice isn't on the poll :(

Living Underwater

I'm of the "if it isn't broken don't fix it" school, so although I've had several trips to Cozumel in the past few years, I've only used two operators. When Living Underwater couldn't take me I had a great time with Liquid Blue.

I would never say any Cozumel dive operator is the "best" Compared to other places I've been, Cozumel has many excellent shops. It just depends on what you are looking for - price, level of service, type of diving, type of tanks, etc. It's one of the few dive destinations that I've come across (at least in the Caribbean) where there really is a hotel/resort/condo/villa and a dive operator to suit virtually every taste, experience level, and budget.

Blue XT Sea :)
I'll be diving with Christi and her crew in 2 weeks..
As Tom Petty says "The Waiting is the Hardest Part"..

Only been to Coz once and had a really good time with Dive House. Planning on heading back next year and so far plan on trying Blue XT Sea...

Paul

Back
Top Bottom