Dive op reservations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dectek

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Due to previous ear injury and just due to the fact that I am on vacation and do not want my whole weeks Itinerary mapped out ahead, I do not like to make long term reservations.
I like to call or stop in the shop and ask what is going out at whatever o'clock and is there room. Most of the time everything works out well and sometimes I will have to reserve for the next day. I am always on the insta-buddy program anyway because my wife does not dive.
At home I have to reserve weeks in advance and I would not even know if I had to work that day or not.
My Question: Will this be a problem this time of year in PDC or COZ? My hopes are that it is a slower time and most dive ops will jump at the chance to get more revenue on the boat.

oops.. did not realize I was in the Coz forum....Thought I was in the gerneral Mexico area

Dectek:
...I like to call or stop in the shop and ask what is going out at whatever o'clock and is there room...

My Question: Will this be a problem this time of year in PDC or COZ? My hopes are that it is a slower time and most dive ops will jump at the chance to get more revenue on the boat.

During slow season (August through October) this is definitely easier than at other times, especially if you are a single. You'll always find a shop with availability. Most will require a reservation at least the night before so they can ensure that they have all of tanks, crew, boats, etc. ready based on total head count for the next day.

Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom