what ae Cozumel water temps around New Years?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were in Coz last year 12/3 - 12/10 and temps were between 79 and 81 degrees on my Suunto....

rje634:
We were in Coz last year 12/3 - 12/10 and temps were between 79 and 81 degrees on my Suunto....

I was there Jan 6 or so. 79 degrees.

Pretty much the same most of the year. We were there at both New Year's and just a couple of weeks ago the first of August. Didn't feel any different to me either time. I wore a full 3mil both times and water temp was never an issue.

We could start an informal contest to see who can guess the actual water temp in Cozumel at 12:00 midnight on Jan 1. I would be happy to volunteer to show up with a thermometer!

I would guess 79.3F this year.

I checked my computer log from our dive in Cozumel on December 28, 2005. The temp varied from 79-81F and I wore a 3mm shorty.

12/31/05, 11:57pm, surface temp was 81.7. Midnight...NEW YEAR'S...temp at 42 feet was 81.0.

I knew those computer statistics would be good for something eventually!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom