Cozumel Must Be Busy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedHead

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I spent a good part of the morning trying to book a 4 day trip for the latter part of September or 1st part of October and couldn't find a return flight in anything other than 1st class. I had to transfer miles to get it booked. I have never seen the filights so full!

Yeah, I've got a trip planned for late November and have already pretty much given up trying to get a flight to Coz. And even though Cancun is a viable option for us, the prices are just over the top at this point... really frustrating. Starting to regret that I've booked the accomodations at this point. Still trying though.

TheRedHead:
I spent a good part of the morning trying to book a 4 day trip for the latter part of September or 1st part of October and couldn't find a return flight in anything other than 1st class. I had to transfer miles to get it booked. I have never seen the filights so full!

We wish! Hotel occupancy is at about 40% right now. Most ops are sending one maybe two boats out right now...it's a very low season. Good for divers, so come on down :)

Reason you can't find a flight is probably because no one flies in daily anymore..not even Continental!

I was trying to book a short trip in mid-Oct as a b-day gift for my husband but I gave up. Looks like there are fewer flights this year which is why they are filling up and costing more $$'s. I guess the airlines haven't gotten the memo that gas prices have gone down... There's plenty of hotel space, if you can get there.

Christi, we can't come down anytime soon because the existing flights are full are almost full. Maybe the operators can pressure the airlines for more flights?

I booked Cancun for December last weekend.....Delta flight was wide open.

I haven't checked Cancun. I'm sure it is still easy to book for December, but the next 6 weeks are very iffy.

I am going down in early November from Chicago. The direct flight that United was to start never happened because of Wilma. There are no direct flights from Chicago to Cozumel even though there are so many divers in the area. I am using United/USAir via Charlotte with miles. Without miles the fare is around $900. Cancun seems to be about the only affordable way to get to Cozumel from Chicago right now.

This flight situation must really be hurting Cozumel. There are only five divers signed up for the LDS trip I am taking because of the flight cost. This leaves Cozumel to the cruise passengers who don't have to cover airfare.

TheRedHead:

Look at AA...they are wide open but only fly on Sun. Wed. and Sat. during off season.

sasscuba:
Look at AA...they are wide open but only fly on Sun. Wed. and Sat. during off season.

$1700 per ticket economy class. No wonder they have seats. :lol:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom