Cruising the Mayan Riv

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ron Brandt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Does anyone know of a charter service that will do a liveaboard style cruise up/down the Mayan Riv ? I have a group of 4-8 people interested in doing this trip sometime in November.

These people do not dive..yet. They are mostly interested in snorkeling, fishing and probably boat drinks.....

Thanks

Ron

Might be worth your while to find out what kind of shape some of the northern reefs are in. They aren't too bad from Playa del Carmen south, but I haven't been north of there this year

I am planning basically a solo trip to travel the whole eastern side of the Yucatan and then over to Cozumel. Probably a month long trip, but I got the same home work to do first.

Ron Brandt:
..... fishing and probably boat drinks.....

"Boat drinks, the boys in the band ordered, boat drinks!"

sorry...couldn't resist the Buffett plug:D

bfisher:
Might be worth your while to find out what kind of shape some of the northern reefs are in. They aren't too bad from Playa del Carmen south, but I haven't been north of there this year

These people will not know the differance...no kidding.

Sailfish don't really care either until they are hooked.

All these folks mostly want to do is cruise,fish and relax (without a cruise ship). I'm trying to sell them on a scuba cert and finish while they are there.

Their plan was was to head south from Coz.... I go to Coz regardless, as I just like it and have friends there....They did come up with an operator but the operator said they could not accomodate that type of trip right now.

Ron

I don't know of any specific charter, but my first place to start would be with private charter crewed yachts, probably out of Cancun. This is just one that came up in a Google search for "week yacht charter Cancun" www.interyachtcharter.com/Yacht Portfolio/Cancun/Sealine-42-599.htm

You may find someone on the playa.info forum with suggestions.

scubawife:
I don't know of any specific charter, but my first place to start would be with private charter crewed yachts, probably out of Cancun. This is just one that came up in a Google search for "week yacht charter Cancun" www.interyachtcharter.com/Yacht Portfolio/Cancun/Sealine-42-599.htm

You may find someone on the playa.info forum with suggestions.

Your hits were better than mine for some reasion.....Thanks

Ron

scubawife:
It's all in the search word selection :wink:

Some days I find myself short of words....ya hard to believe I know.

I did manage to find a yacht charter for them that seems REALLY nice.....way too much for me though.
http://www.cancuncruisingadventures.com/

I would like to keep them on the Island... as a neighbor of a friend of mine(on the island) offers day sailing trips.
http://www.cozumelsailing.com/

Ron

How long is the trip? How far down the coast did they want to go, and did they have any specific places they want to see? Or is just party on a boat by day and sleep it off until tomorrow?

Low season has been pretty low, even on the mainland. You might be able to negotiate on rates.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom